Monday, April 30, 2007

Survey Says....


I went down to Procter & Gamble this afternoon to participate in the body wash survey. It was kinda fun, not to mention super easy. And the best part... I didn't meet any crazy people like the lady I met last week at the Reed Hartman Research Center. LOL!

I got down there at 2:30 (my appointment was at 3:00). We were finished by 3:35. I was the only one there for about 10 minutes when I first got there, then another woman came and we got into a discussion about playing golf (no idea how that one started). LOL! At 3:00 they led all of us (about 10-12) back to this room with a long table with chairs around it (kinda like a board meeting room). We read a short paragraph stating what we were going to be testing and then we signed it and got our panel number. It was nothing like the consent form I had to read and sign last week. No mention of rash, bleeding or perhaps needing medical attention. After everyone had read and signed on the dotted line, a woman explained that we were actually participating in 2 studies today. First we went into room #1 and sat in front of a small computer. We were shown deodorant containers in different colors with 3-4 different scents. All we had to do was answer the questions (basically which we'd be more apt to buy). Next we were taken into room #2 where we washed each arm with a different body wash. I can't remember exactly what they both were, but I'm pretty sure the one I tested on my right arm said it was Olay Creme Ribbons or something like that. The other one was some kind of Dove product. We had to answer about 60 questions on the computer next to us after each of the two products were tested. Basically the questions wanted to know if the body wash made us feel sexy, outgoing, if we felt like the body wash made other women jealous of us, and other ridiculous questions. LOL! Let me just say, if I tested a body wash that made me feel sexy, I'd be smuggling it out of the place. :) And if I met a woman who was jealous of me because of my body wash, I'd have to tell her to get a life. LOL! I do have to admit though, the Olay body wash did make me feel a little sexier than the Dove body wash.

I did like the smell of it. In fact, I can still smell it. It's very nice. :) I can't really smell the Dove anymore. I stopped off at Super Walmart on my way home to get a few things and thought I'd check to see if they carry the Olay Ribbons body wash. They do. I almost bought some, but I decided not to. I don't want to spend $6 on body wash just yet. I still have some Suave body wash to use up first that I only paid $1 for when it was on sale. When I'm out of the Suave, I might buy some though. It's cheaper than Bath and Body Works and I think the smell lasts a lot longer.

Tomorrow I go back down to Procter & Gamble to test 2 more body washes and then I'll be done. This ought to be fun. I wonder if they'll ask the same questions tomorrow (probably. Well, maybe I'll feel more sexy tomorrow). I have to say, this is the first time I've ever participated in anything like this, but I might see what other studies they have to participate in. I know they have them all of the time. Procter & Gamble does limit you to only participating in a study every 45 days, so that's good. That keeps all of the study junkies under control a little bit. LOL! I can't complain, they're paying me $40 to wash my arms in shower gel (something I do everyday in the shower anyway). And even though I had to drive 30 minutes each way in some really heavy traffic, it was worth it.

I've done well on my points today. I had a sandwich before I left because I wasn't sure how long I'd be gone and I didn't want to get hungry enough where'd I'd pull through a fast food place while I was out. I picked up some frozen chicken patties at Walmart that were 4 points each, then I picked up a package of those square whole wheat bagels made by Thomas that are 2 points each. So, we had a 6 point chicken sandwich and some fat free Pringles for dinner. They finally got the Weight Watchers ice cream cups at my Walmart, so I picked up the mint chocolate chip, turtle, and the chocolate one (can't remember the name). I've tried the mint one so far and thought it was really good. I don't like the price, but I like the fact that they're portioned out for me, so I don't have to worry about if I'm packing the measuring cup too tight or if I'm eating more than I should be. I also noticed that my Walmart finally got in more of the Smart Ones desserts. I picked up a box of the key lime cheesecake. I haven't tired it yet, but I have enough points left to try one later tonight. :) TTYL!

Late addition to today's blog:
Adventures in Babywearing is holding a contest to get bloggers to show a picture of themselves without any makeup on (and without photoshopping themselves). Not that I usually wear a lot of makeup (I do always put some on if I know I'm going to be taking a picture), but even then I always cover up any blemishes on the computer before I release it to the world. You didn't know you were going to get an extra treat did you? LOL! I originally took a picture of myself when I got out of the shower earlier today, but dingbat me erased them off of the camera. So here I am now at the end of the day bearing it all before I head for bed. Look, I didn't even try to hide my multiple chins like I normally do. Man, what was I thinking? I must be tired. LOL! Anyway, this is the real me. Feel free to print it out and use it as a way to scare yourself away from the refrigerator. LOL! Just kidding!

6 comments:

Krissie said...

Mint ice cream cups! My eyes are peeled!
When I was in college, the campus was close to the KFC headquarters. They'd give us a sandwich to try, respond to, and $25 to boot. We'd do that when the meal cards were low.
I can't wait to see your pic!

Askazombiehousewife said...

I am so glad you had fun this time. I would love to test beauty washes sounds like fun.

I wish we could get fat free pringels here. You have to buy them by mail order since only the quick store sold them and have not got more. I kid you not.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Thanks for playing along. And hope I don't sound weird but I've totally asked other women what body wash they use if they smell really good!

Steph

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Great blog Aimee. I knew you were weird, but when I wonder what people thought of you walking around sniffing your arms, LOL. Great pic of you. You are the same Aimee I've always known.

Anonymous said...

yay, another willing participant. i just posted my own hideous photo. yours looks like a glamor shot compared to mine. i'm having second thoughts....:)

AnnaLiza said...

you're gorgeous! just as the Creator intended!
i hate make-up ...hehe