Monday, April 2, 2007

Brushing My Teeth So I Won't Eat


I didn't start the day off too well. I woke up and had some toast. It tasted so good, I decided to have some more toast. Then I had 2 cups of skim milk. Of course within an hour I was hungry again because we all know toast isn't filling. So, I had a 2 point oatmeal cookie, and then another. Yes, duh! More empty calories that didn't fill me up. Next I was into the ice cream for 3 points. This is pretty much how things went (snacking myself to death) until I made it to Subway for lunch. I had a 6 inch ham and turkey on wheat. I sat down and figured up what all of my snacks cost me. After the Subway sandwich, I only had like 7 points left. I totally know better than to do that, but for some reason I grabbed for the snacks today. I even had fruit in the fridge that I could have grabbed instead, but I didn't. For dinner I had to decide if I was going to be creative and stick to my remaining points, or if I was going to freak out and blow it. I used all of my flex points Saturday at the baseball game, so that wasn't an option. I was pretty hungry. I decided not to blow it though. I made a huge bowl of salad with just a tiny bit of bacon bits, cheese, sunflower seeds, black pepper and fat free dressing for 4 points. I also made an ear of corn, but when I took a bite, it wasn't good so I didn't want to waste a point on it. I ate my salad, had a huge glass of crystal lite, and then after dinner Rick and I split an apple for 1 point. I made it through dinner ok. A few hours later, I wanted something sweet (like I hadn't snacked enough already). But I knew if I didn't have what I wanted, I'd have something I didn't want, then turn around and have what I wanted anyway. So I had 1/2 a cup of sugar free/fat free ice cream for 1 point. I'm done for the evening. I feel terrible physically and emotionally. I of all people should know better than to eat a bunch of carbs and empty calories. I've done it before (it's been a few years of course). I just hope I never do it again. I've already brushed my teeth so now I can't have anything else but water for the rest of the night. I normally would stay up and work for several more hours, but I also usually have a snack around 2 AM. Since that isn't an option tonight, I'm going to take a huge glass of water and head for bed. Maybe I'll read or watch tv (I can fast forward through the commercials, so I won't have to see the food). Tomorrow is a new day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about it, Aimee! We've all been there, and we'll all be there again. AND you stayed withink your points anyway, so you should be proud of yourself. Have a great day!

Angie

Anonymous said...

Aimee, I am so proud of you for starting over. We all need the love and support of our friends and families and all your fans from the website are behind you one hundred percent!

Anonymous said...

Aimee, we have all been there or we wouldn't be here now :)

The important thing is that you recognized you were going in the wrong direction and took action.

Hang in there!!

Karen