Monday, April 9, 2007

A Desperate Moment


Man did I ever have an off moment today. I was tired and not feeling very well around 6:30, so I thought maybe I'd lay down for a few minutes and see if that helped (I was not feeling hungry at this time). I must have fallen asleep because I woke back up around 6:55 (Riley trying to dig to china next to me on the bed is what woke me up. LOL). I didn't intend to fall asleep at all (when I take naps I tend to feel worse when I get up for some reason). Well of course I didn't feel any better, but suddenly I was soooo hungry! I could have eaten anything I could get my hands on. Have you ever felt so hungry that you feel almost in a panic to get something to eat? That's how I felt. I actually went to the refrigerator with the intent to just start shoving things into my mouth. I've never had a moment like this. Sure, I've been really hungry before; I've had the munchies, cravings, etc., but nothing so desperate as this. I was actually checking the counters for anything I could shove into my mouth on the way to the refrigerator. Thank goodness those dark chocolate Hershey kisses I bought last week weren't in site! I ran to the refrigerator, threw open the door and started scanning for any kind of junk food. LOL! I know, my eyes look for the junk food first. Reality set in... "Duh Aimee, you got rid of all the junk food when you went back to Weight Watchers." LOL! I did spot a 1 point pudding cup. I ripped that little sucker open, grabbed a spoon and had at it. I don't think I really even tasted it. As I stood there with the refrigerator door open, scanning for my next little food victim, I though "man was that ever the dumbest thing to choose when you're starving to death!" I took a moment, stopped scanning the refrigerator and just took a step back along with a deep breath. I looked down and spotted the milk. "That's what I'll have" I thought. I poured myself a glass, sat down and took my time drinking it. After I had finished the milk and calmed down, I felt much better. I was soooo glad I took a step back when I did. That moment could have turned out to be a really, really, really bad moment. I knew the milk wasn't going to hold long, so I decided to get dinner in the oven before another little crazy moment like that crept back in. I have no idea why any of it happened. I ate lunch at Subway around 2:00, so it's not like I hadn't eaten all day. I just hope it never happens again! That was a very freaky moment for me.

4 comments:

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Aimee,

I get those moments from time to time, and like you I feel like grabbing everything i see and eating it. All too often, I haven't taken those steps back you did. Good job to you. I'm proud of ya. Ben

- 0 0 ) ) said...

Today the kids had off school, so my daughter had an doctors appt an hour away, so we decided to combine that with some shopping at the local mall in that town.I took snacks for me and water. All they took was water. We left around lunch and did not return till 630. All the smells of the food court was great. I walked while they shopped. Two hours and We were ready to come home.
When we came home they actually sat down and counted the points for the food they were about to eat, instead of just tearing into anything! I was so proud of them both.
I guess some of my words finally got through to them.

Unknown said...

Aimee, it could have been much much worse. We've all had those moments, but at least you realized before you went too overboard.

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan Aimee. I try and eat carrot sticks or celery when I'm ravished like that... or gozzle down lots of water... It's so easy to go overboard when you're starving... Good job! I know it's tuff.... I struggle every day... I do all the "right" things, but I've done them for so long that I can't seem to move any weight... I can't find what is "right" for me... you're inspiring but I wish you held the "secret" for me.... I can't seem to figure out what's right for me...