Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!


I hope everyone who celebrates had a happy Easter today! We went to my parents house around 4 PM. I had subway for lunch, and then took a salad with some healthy stuff on it with me to my parents house. My mom made turkey and ham, so I had some turkey to go with my salad and a couple of the mock deviled eggs that I made. My mom made pineapple angel food cake and pumpkin spice cake for dessert, so I had a piece of pumpkin spice cake. After we ate we played cards. Texas Holdem was the first game we played. I was almost the first person out, but I was able to make a comeback when I went all in and I was able to stay in until there were just 2 of us left. We weren't playing for money, so we had already decided when it got down to the last 2 people, we'd both just go all in and whoever won that hand was the winner. I was dealt a pair of 3's and it just wasn't good enough. :( The next game we played was a game Rick's daughter taught us how to play called 3-13. It's kinda like Rummy in a way and a lot of fun. I got lucky and had pretty good cards during that game. Towards the end though my brother's step son was catching up with me, but luckily I was able to play all but one of my cards and he had points added to his score (lowest score wins in this game). It was a fun evening. We got home around 9:30, and I'm pretty tired. I'll probably go to bed and watch some tv after I finish posting this. Other than what I posted above, I ate 1 portion of light Doritos while we played cards and then had a couple of ounces of turkey and some green tea and 1 glass of diet Mt. Dew. I pretty much used up all of my points for the day (I think all but 1) but I still think I did ok. I certainly could have done a lot worse. I didn't once have a cheese nip or this other pretzel type snack that was sitting out, not even 1 piece when I put them away at the end of the night. Normally I would have been pigging out. LOL! So how did you do? Did you survive the holiday? Even if you went over your points (a little or even a lot), tomorrow is a new day. Get back on track. :)

3 comments:

Krissie said...

Hi Aimee!
Thanks for the posts. I did pretty well on Easter. I was amazed at how pleased I was with myself. The feelings I left with were better than any food tastes.
Have a great monday!

- 0 0 ) ) said...

Very well said krissie!

Aimee said...

That's awesome Krissie and so true! :)