Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Nice Sunny Day


I'm posting my blog early today. I have a few things I need to get done tonight and I don't want to write when I'm tired (we've all seen those blogs where I've been tired and out of my mind. LOL).

We had a nice warm, sunny day today. :) It would have been perfect weather for golfing, but I didn't go golfing. Instead, Rick and I went to the flea market and got a lot of walking in. I picked up a new dog toy called a Wee Wubba while I was there (it was a little cheaper than ordering it through the website). My dog is going to town on it right now having the best time. He's shaking it from side to side and throwing it up in the air as I type. LOL! He's crazy. :)

After the flea market, we stopped off at Wendy's and I got my usual grilled chicken on a regular bun, chili and lemonade. I only ate a little over 1/2 of the sandwich. I was sitting there mindlessly eating it and realized "hey I'm not really hungry anymore" so I just stopped eating. I drank the rest of my lemonade and called it quits. :) I'm feeling pretty good. I swung by Trader Joe's and picked up a couple of things on the way home.

When I got home, I decided to clean the back porch and scrub the lawn chairs and table I have back there. They got pretty dirty from sitting there all winter. I carried my bucket and everything to the end of the building where the water hose is (I live in an apartment). Well when I got down there, I couldn't get the water to turn on (yes, I know how to turn a knob. LOL). They must shut it off for the winter and haven't turned it back on yet. I was like "ok" and carried everything back to my yard. I figured I was going to get this done one way or another because I want to start sitting on the back porch with Riley in the evenings when it's nice out. I went to the bath tub and filled my bucket up, and lugged it out to the yard. Those chairs were filthy! I scrubbed the crap out of them, you should have seen the dirt. Yuuuuck! I had to make 4 trips back and forth to get more water. That bucket was kinda heavy. I hope I'm not hurting tomorrow from it. LOL! Think I can count that as exercise? LOL! Anyway, while the chairs and table were drying, I knocked down any cobwebs, then ran my broom over all the siding to try and get any dust/dirt off. Then I swept the porch, cleaned the outside of the grill, organized the storage closet and put the furniture back. I came back inside and got Riley. We played in the yard for awhile, then he sat on the chair with me and watched the birds. :) It's just so nice out.

It's almost 8:00 now, so I guess I'll go pop some chicken nuggets in the oven and cut up a salad. I'm still not that hungry, but I don't want to wait until I am hungry because then I'll just be shoveling anything and everything into my face. LOL! I hope you guys are having as nice a day as we are here in SW Ohio. :) By the way, I was down another 1/2 pound this morning. That makes 2.5 since Wednesday. Lets just hope by the time next Wednesday rolls around these numbers will still be showing up, or maybe even something better. :) TTYL!

4 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

Wow a flea market and wendy's sounds liek the perfect day for me. I love there grilled chicken snadwhich and a side sald. I haven't had one a while. No wendy's near by.
I got a lot of walking today and I am so sore LOL :-)

- 0 0 ) ) said...

Nice to see when a light goes off and think to yourself, "Hey, i am not hungry. I think any movement is some sorta exercise, You could have had a ice cream cone and sat on the dirty chairs. LOL

thrilled said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog.

And congrats on the pounds slipping away this week!

Krissie said...

Great job with stopping when you were full. Isn't amazing what we learn when we listen to our bodies and let them lead us?
It's beautiful in Central KY today also! We drove around in the new car. And played putt putt!
Have a great Sunday!!