Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Earth Day


I didn't sleep very well last night and then I got up at 7:30 this morning. I left the house around 8:00 and headed down to Cincinnati to see where my appt. is for tomorrow. I'm trying to get into a study group at the Reed Harman Research Center to test a cream for hair on my forearm. I saw the advertisement in a local magazine a few weeks ago and decided to check it out. If I get accepted into the program tomorrow, it's a 14 week study and I'll get paid $500 for participating. I think they said I'd have to go 11 times total, so I figure heck, I can smear some cream on my arm twice a day, keep it out of the sun, journal about it, let them mark my arm, dye the hair and take pictures for $500. :) If I don't get accepted in this study, maybe I'll ask them what other studies they have going on that maybe I could participate in. I'm not going to participate in anything that will harm my health. No amount of money is worth that. They said this forearm study is in the last stage of testing before it's supposed to hit the market, so it should be pretty safe. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes. It might be kinda fun. :)

I stopped off at a flea market on the way home. I got there right when they opened, so not too many vendors were there yet anyway. I walked around for about 45 minutes and then had to get back to the car because my right knee was killing me. I think that's one of the reasons I didn't sleep very well last night too. I remember waking up a couple of times and my knee hurting. I must have done something to it yesterday when I was scrubbing the chairs and table. I did get down on my knees once when I was scrubbing the table. Maybe that's when I did it. Who knows? I'm sure I'll live. If it gives me anymore trouble, I just wrap it. I haven't really been on it much since I got home from the flea market. I've mostly been sitting here at the computer all day working on stuff.

I did really well on my points again today. I made a roast in the crockpot with onions, potatoes and carrots for dinner. It was really good. I haven't done too well with my water today, but the night isn't over yet. :) Well I'm going to go put the dishes away. I have some auctions on Ebay ending tonight, so I'll check those when I'm done, then I'm heading for bed. Hope you had a nice weekend. :) TTYL!

3 comments:

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

I'm so proud of the way you are keeping w/ your points. I know you are going to blow em away at your WW meeting on Wednesday. Like we talked about last night, make sure they don't give you a Popeye forarm. I will laugh at you ;) Ben

Askazombiehousewife said...

I am so glad your doing well on the points better than me.

Krissie said...

Great job keeping up with your points! I didn't for two days and am having such a hard time getting back into the habit.
I hope your knee is doing better and that you had a good day in Cincy.