Thursday, April 5, 2007

Too Tired


Sorry, I'm going to keep the blog really short tonight. I'm just too tired. I got up early this morning and just can't keep my eyes open any longer. I spent most of the day working on t-shirts and products for the site (click here if you'd like to see a preview of one of the new designs). I did good on points today and I walked a mile. :) I did make a new recipe for dinner. I'll see you tomorrow night after I've gotten some sleep (it's actually 3 AM). If you were hoping for something to read today, check out Ben's blog. I'm sure he's got something entertaining to talk about today like he always does. :) Here's the newest recipe:

Broccoli Chicken Cups

6 oz. Cooked Skinless Chicken
8 oz. Frozen Chopped Broccoli
1 (10 3/4 oz.) Can 98% Fat Free Broccoli Cheese Soup
1/2 Cup Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 (7.5 oz.) Can Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop the cooked chicken into small pieces and place into a medium bowl. Cook the broccoli according to the directions on the package, then add to the chicken. Add the cheese soup, cheddar cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Stir well to combine. Spray a regular sized muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Open the biscuits and separate. Place one biscuit on a clean flat surface, and using the palm of your hand and fingers, flatten and stretch the biscuit as much as you can without tearing holes in it. Place the biscuit into 1 of the wells of the muffin tin so that some of the dough comes up the sides to make a small cup. Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the biscuit (this will help it keep it's shape so it doesn't shrink back down while you stretch the rest of the biscuits). Continue stretching and filling all of the biscuits. If you have any chicken mixture left, just divide it evenly between each cup. Place a little bit of water into any wells of the muffin pan you didn't use. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.

Serves: 10
Per Serving: 113 Calories; 2g Fat (12.4% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 457mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable. WWP: 2 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)

1 comment:

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Hey, Aimee. Your recipe sounds good and I love the new shirts. I hope you get some rest cause you need it with all the stuff you have to do everyday to maintain the site. I'll be submitting some recipes to you in the next couple weeks for your community cookbook. I hope everyone who visits your site does the same, so you can kick out another book for us. Later tater. Ben