Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Crazy Driver


I was on my way home from Procter & Gamble this afternoon when this blue truck came flying up behind me on the highway. I saw him coming in my rear view mirror, but he was going too fast for me to make a lane change because I figured he was going to go around me anyway. I was right. He got right up on my butt, went around me, then no sooner had he barely cleared my car, he cut in front of me (I may not be psychic, but I knew he was going to do this). I could have gotten mad about it (which I'm sure is why he did it), but instead, I decided to clap for him (hey I thought perhaps he was trying to be entertaining). He must not like applause because he flipped me the bird. I could have flipped him the bird back, but instead I just laughed at him. From there I kept my distance and just watched him go from lane to lane doing the same thing he did to me to everyone else in all 3 lanes. Luckily he got off the highway at the next exit. What an idiot! Now I know clapping and laughing at him wasn't the smartest thing, but I know he was looking for a rise and I wasn't going to give it to him. Other people were honking at him and flipping him off, so I'm sure he got enough rise out of them.

The testing at Procter & Gamble was the same today as it was yesterday. Same questions wanting to know if the two shower gels I tried made me feel sexy or not. LOL! I didn't like the two gels I tried today at all. They didn't smell good. One of them was Suave Professionals and I can't remember what the other one was, but it was some kind of cucumber scent. The cucumber one was better than the suave, but neither of them equaled up to the Olay Ribbons shower gel I tried yesterday. I got to talking to another woman today about the survey's. She said she had just finished doing another study for some kind of face cream. It was a 10 week study and she made $800 putting a cream on half of her face and going in twice a week to have them shine a blue light on her face for 7 minutes. I was like "you've got to be kidding". I asked her if she noticed any difference from the cream or anything and she said none at all. I can't believe companies will pay people to put cream on their face and shower gel on their arms. Amazing. Hey, I figure if they want to give me their money, I can always use more money. LOL! I'm going to call tomorrow or Thursday and see what other studies they have coming up. As long as they don't sound too crazy I'll sign up. :)

Well, tomorrow is weigh day so I'm heading for bed. My scale said I was down 3 pounds this morning, so we'll see what the scale says tomorrow. Wish me luck. :) TTYL!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Good thing you kept your sense of humor with that jerk of a driver! Lots of nuts out there! I'm a long time reader but this is my first post. I love your recipes, the realistic photos of them, and your refreshing honesty! I usually check in late in the day to see how your day went. I'm rooting for you! Good luck at your weigh in.

Askazombiehousewife said...

Sorry you had a crazy drive. Some people are too moody to be driving. I think that an anger test should be part of driving tests.

I hope you get a $800 dollar study that would be so cool.

PS
I am sending all the good vibes I can for your WI

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Hey Aimee. I'm glad you got where you were going safely. I hate drivers like that. Good luck on your weigh in. I know your head is in the right place no matter how much you lose. You've hit your 10 pound goal,and now it's on to 15. You can do it!! We're all proud of you.