Friday, May 4, 2007

A NIce Day For A Walk


Sorry about not blogging the past couple of days. I've been really busy. It's actually 2 AM now and I should be heading to bed, but I didn't want to skip my blog again tonight.

I did manage to have a little bit of fun yesterday for a couple of hours. I went golfing for the first time this year. I know, I've been saying I was going golfing at least once a week for the past month now. LOL! Well, I finally went. I didn't do too bad considering it was my first time out for the year. I only went to a par 3 course (it had like 2 par 4's on it). I had a bogey on most of the holes and a double bogey on 1 hole, but I did have a handful of pars, so I was happy. :) The best thing was that I kept hitting the ball straight. When I first started playing golf (summer before last) I hit the ball straight then too, but last year I started doing something funky and everything started going left. Hopefully I'll be able to keep hitting the ball straight for the rest of this year. LOL!

This morning I got up at 7:00 and drove to Dayton to get my oil changed and my tires rotated at Toyota. From there I went to my dentist appointment (no cavities, woohoo!). After that I stopped over at my parents house and had lunch with them. It was a really nice day, so I asked my mom if she wanted to go for a walk. She agreed, so we stuck the leash on my dog Riley and brought him along. The place we went to walk has a track that's 1.3 miles around. We walked around once plus started around a 2nd time, but my knee was hurting so we cut up the middle and headed home. It's the furthest I've walked at once since I gained all of my weight back. Normally the most I can do is about 1/2 a mile. I did have to stop and sit for a minute along the way (they have benches every so often along the way), but I kept going. We must have worn poor little Riley out on the walk. LOL! My mom drove, so I sat in the back seat with Riley and held him up so he could feel the wind (he loves going for rides, but when he's in my car, he's in a carrier, so he doesn't get a lot of wind). Eventually he sat next to me on the seat. Next thing I knew he was laying down with his legs in the air going to sleep. It was extremely funny!

When we got back to my parent's house, my mom made us a crystal light smoothie in her magic bullet (1 cup ice, 1 cup water, 1 single serving packet of crystal light, and she added a packet of Splenda and a tablespoon of vanilla yogurt). It was good. :) She also picked up a copy of "The Beck Diet Solution" for me. She was going to just let me borrow her copy, but she's only on day #3 out of 40 and I didn't want to wait that long. LOL! I might take it day by day and post about it here on my blog.

Once I got home from my parents, I worked on getting orders out for the week, ate dinner and worked some more. I actually just finished working about 30 minutes ago, so I'm pretty tired. I was a little under points today, but that's fine because I used some of my flex points a few nights ago and I don't really want to use flex points. I figure it all evens out somewhere. LOL! Ok, I'm off to bed. TTYL! Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Krissie said...

Good luck with the Beck Diet Solution. I was really into it for about 2 weeks, but I've kinda let it slide. I still pull out my cards occassionally.
Congrats on the golf and the walk! I'm so glad it's pretty enough to get back outside.

Mindy said...

I didn't know you golfed! I just got my first set of clubs yesterday. I haven't been to a course yet...we are going to try to go to a driving range tomorrow if the weather clears up.

Anonymous said...

Hey Aimee, sounds like you're off to a good start. I too lost a lot of weight on WW a few years ago & gained most of it back. I had unexpected surgery which upset me a lot, plus my family didn't give me much emotional support when I got home from the hospital. I quit Weight Watchers and started eating again, and the weight slowly, slowly came back on. I still exercised, which is probably why it didn't all just pile on right away. A year ago I was downsized from a job I'd had for 15 years and that was a great excuse to just eat, right?? LOL I've re-joined WW a number of times but quit after a couple of meetings. I'm trying it again now and I'm going to read your blog. Thanks for your openness and honesty!