Saturday, May 5, 2007

What's For Dinner?


I don't normally photograph my dinner plate (I usually just take pictures of new recipes I've made), but I wanted to share my dinner with you tonight (ok, honestly I've seen other people do it in their blog and I thought it was neat). LOL!

My dinner was super easy, but tasted really good. I just took a small package of chicken breasts and cut them in half, peeled and cut up a couple of potatoes, sprinkled about 3/4 of a packet of hickory bbq flavored chicken wing seasoning over both sides of the chicken and some over the potatoes and then baked it. Nothing special, but oh so good. We had canned green beans sprayed with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and seasoned with some pepper along with it (we also had a salad, but I didn't take a picture of that since we all know what a bowl of lettuce with nothing special on it looks like). Here's a picture of my plate...

I didn't end up going to bed until around 4:00 this morning. I was getting ready to head to bed about an hour before that, but Ben IM'd me. I was quite surprised to see that he was still awake, but I was glad that I got to talk to him because I hadn't talked to him all day. When I did finally get to sleep, I had all sorts of strange dreams. All I remember from one of my dreams is some kind of natural disaster was going on and I was trying to lead people to safety. I remember waking up around 8:00 feeling like I had just watched a movie. LOL! I went back to sleep for another couple of hours and then Rick's phone woke me up. I was in the middle of another dream. I don't remember what it was about now, but I do remember telling Rick "man I was in the middle of a good dream and now I won't know how it ends". LOL!!!! I decided that was enough dreaming for 1 day and decided to get up. :)

After I showered and dressed, I went to the post office and dropped my orders off, went to the bank, and then drove to Rick's bank so he could deposit a check. We grabbed something to eat on the way home. After we ate, I asked Rick what he wanted to do for the day. He suggested we could go see a movie or we could go hit some golf balls. I figured I do enough sitting during the week, so we went and hit golf balls. The timing worked out pretty good because it started to rain about 5 minutes before we were done (yep, I hit golf balls in the rain. A little water won't kill me, but some lightning might. LOL!) We stopped of at our Super Walmart on the way home to fill up our water jugs and picked up a few things. That was pretty much my day. So what did you have for dinner? Care to share??? :) TTYL!

3 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

I was bad I had roman noodles all to myself but I skipped the falvor paket part to save calories part
I wanted to save the packet for another dish.

Anonymous said...

YUM! your dinner sounds delicious!!

Anonymous said...

ive been doing the hickory bbq flavoring for a few months. I buy chicken legs, take the skin off, and too them in the packet.