Monday, May 7, 2007

An Afternoon Spent Golfing


I hit my first "longer" golf course of the season today (not a total par 3 course like I went to last Friday). It was such a beautiful day for golf too, although my forearms got sunburned pretty bad. I have an official "golfer's tan". LOL! You know, where you can tell which hand the golfer wears the glove on according to the tan line above their wrist. :) Unfortunately for me, I have two of those because I wear a glove on both hands (I'm like Tommy Two Gloves from the Big Break on tv. LOL). Ah well. I'll try to add in some links to golf terms for those of you who don't golf and have no idea what I'm talking about (in case you want to know). :)

I did really really good today. I hit all of the balls straight, got out of the sand trap the two times I was in there, hit the middle of the green from the tee on a par 3 hole and made some awesome putts. I hit a few wormburners too. LOL! I'm still not hitting the ball very far, but I'm hitting it straight, and I'll take straight over far any day. I didn't have a perfect game by any means, but I did much better than I ever remember playing. I mostly made a bogey and a double bogey on most holes, and I had a couple of holes where I did a little worse. I had a 50 on the first 9 and a 51 on the back 9. I think I would have needed a 71 to make par. It's the closest to scoring 100 I've ever been. Normally my score looks more like 110-120. LOL! Even Rick kept saying "you're doing really good today" and he never says that. Usually I have to ask how I did and he's honest. LOL! I did hit a couple of really really REALLY bad shots though. On one hole I was teeing off and I topped the ball. I hit the wooden stake (more like a shortened telephone pole) right in front of my tee box and the ball came flying back at me. LOL! It was actually really funny once I got out of the way and got over the shock of it. Rick gives us a mulligan once per 9 holes. When the ball came flying back at me I said "I'll use my mulligan now". Hehehe! On another hole I had to hit across water (you have to understand... it doesn't matter if it's a lake, a creek or a puddle, my ball always goes in the water no matter what). Well, I laid up to the water because I knew I couldn't hit over it from the distance I was at. I hit the ball and guess what? I didn't get that ball up in the air either. LOL! That little pink ball (one of my good expensive balls I might add) skipped across the entire length of the water and then disappeared at the edge. If only it had skipped just 1 more time... but it didn't. :( Normally In that situation I'd exchange my good ball for a "water" ball (that would be a ball I know I'll never see again and I didn't pay much for). But I was feeling confident today since I had been playing so well. Should have known better.

Here's a picture of the par 3 hole where I got it in the middle of the green. See the little white flag down over the left edge of the water? That's about where I was aiming for.

And here's a picture of one of the areas where I ended up in a sand trap


I was starting to get really tired by the 15th hole and thought about just sitting the rest of the game out because I was in a lot of pain. My knee has been hurting off and on lately. It just depends on how much walking on it I do. I did a lot of walking out on that course today and my knee let me know so. After we finished up and I drove home, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get out of the car and walk inside or not. I sat in bed for awhile and propped it up on a pillow with an ice pack, but it still hurts. I can't wait to see what tomorrow is like. Hopefully I'll be able to get out of bed. If you don't hear from me.... I'm stuck in bed. LOL!!!!

Sorry, I know I said I was going to start talking about The Beck Diet Solution tonight, but I've only gotten 20 pages read so far (one of the things I did while I had my leg propped up earlier). Once I got online tonight, I spent a lot of time answering emails and making my way through the messages at my message board. When I do write about what I've read in the book, I want to make sure I have time to really go through it and post the good stuff. Maybe I can get an early start on my blog tomorrow afternoon and get some reading and writing done before I get too tired. It's almost 2:30 AM now, so I'm heading for bed. TTYL!

3 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

Good luck with your diet blog.
Sounds like you had a fun day golfing sorry you lost your pink ball though.

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Great job at golf yesterday Aimee. Gotta love those good days. I hope your knee feels better. Can't wait to hit the links w/ you and Rick soon.

Mindy said...

I like the golf blogs :)