Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Lunch Time

I was at Super Walmart the other day and came across the new Hillshire Farm Entree Salad kits. They were $2.50 each (honestly I don't know if that was regular price or if they were on sale. I can't remember). I'd seen the commercial a few times before on TV, but hadn't seen them in the store yet (I probably just wasn't really looking). Here's one of the commercials if you haven't seen it. It's kinda funny (just push the play button in the middle of the picture)...



Anyway, I decided to have this for lunch today. The kind I had was the chicken and bacon club entree. It's 7 points if you eat the dressing, and 6 points if you don't. I know, you're thinking 7 points for a salad? But seriously it was good and I was full afterwards. It's a meal. In the kit you get: oven roasted chicken breast that is cubed, bacon bits, finely shredded cheddar cheese, garlic and butter croutons, and a packet of light ranch dressing. All you have to do is add the lettuce. The kit can be found in the refrigerated section and this is what it looks like...

I got a huge bowl out of the cupboard and put 3-4 huge hand fulls of lettuce into the bowl. Next I got my kitchen scissors out and cut the lettuce up into smaller pieces (I hate big pieces of lettuce). The bowl was actually pretty full of lettuce, but once I cut it all up, it looked smaller. LOL! Next I opened the kit and poured on the ranch dressing (I LOVE ranch dressing!). I added the cheese next, then the chicken, followed by bacon bits and topped it off with the croutons. I don't normally eat croutons in my salad, but what the heck! :) Those croutons were really really good and they give you quite a few of them! Very buttery and garlicy (is that a word?) LOL! I couldn't buy a box of them, I wouldn't be able to stay out of them. Here's what it looked like before I stirred it all up and made it look like a complete mess (just the way I like to eat stuff)....

Also at Walmart... I've been drinking the Sam's Choice Clear American Naturally Flavored Sparkling Water. It's 50 cents a bottle and each bottle is 1 Liter. If you look at the nutritional info, it has zeros all the way down the bottle. They've got some really good flavors too. There's Key Lime (my favorite), White Grape, Tropical Fruit, Wild Cherry, Raspberry, Mandarin Orange, Peach, Black Cherry and maybe another flavor but that's all I remember off of the top of my head. They help me get my water in each day (although technically I can only count half of it since the other half is supposed to be pure water). I figure every little bit helps though.

That's it for now. I'm still working on The Beck Diet Solution book. It's a little after 5PM now, so if I can get dinner made and finish up the last couple of hours of work that I need to do, I'll continue on with it and maybe come back and post about it tonight (no promises, but I'll try).

5 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

Those look good like treat
I like more bulky salads but it's been hard to get good veggies this week.


PS good luck with the book

Anonymous said...

Salad sounds DELISH!!
and looks like you found the tropical fruit water!! meanwhile I'm out of them, and my walmart is out of them...did you buy them all??? LOL

Aimee said...

LOL! Nope, I only bought 1 to try it. They were out of a lot of them when I went late the other night, but they were starting to bring stuff out from the back to stock. I almost didn't see the tropical one since it was on the bottom shelf. I usually buy the refrigerated ones but they didn't have any tropical that were chilled (I don't like to wait for them to get cold in my refrigerator) LOL!

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Great find Aimee. I'm glad you posted it and I'm glad you found another way to get some veggies in. Always a struggle there. I think I might add some different ones like tomatos and onions to my salad to flavor it up, but that's just me.

Amy said...

Aimee- What a great blog! :)

Thanks for your supportive words on my blog this morning.

I love that you're a golfer. I come from a family of golfers. My bro is a pro, and my dad is about a 3 handicap!