Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fore!


Rick and I went golfing with Ben today. It just wasn't a good day for me. LOL! I knew it wasn't going to be a great day when we got to the golf course and I discovered Rick hadn't brought my 3 Wood. I asked him before we left home "did you get my 3 Wood out of your car?" and he said "yes". Hmmm. He never listens to me. I've been trying to tell him that for some time now. Today drove home my point. LOL! I guess next time I'll double check instead of asking. Lesson learned. I wasn't too happy about it though because it's the main club I use to not only tee off, but also for a lot of my fairway shots. Luckily I had my Perfect Club in my bag, but I honestly don't like it. It's heavier than my 3 Wood and I don't hit it the same. Before today I had only hit it a couple of times (enough to know I didn't like it). I didn't have much choice but to use it today. LOL! Still not a perfect club for me. I hit it "decent" a few times, but mostly I just sucked. I wasn't getting as much distance as I do with my 3 Wood and I wasn't as accurate with it. I also had a lot of wormburners right off of the tee. It just wasn't pretty. I thought Ben was going to be the under dog today since he hasn't golfed in a few years, but I've gotta tell ya.... he was making some good shots. I was quite surprised (Good job Ben!). :)

My knee started to hurt around the 12th hole. I was able to forget about the pain though during one hole when a Bumble Bee wouldn't stop coming at me. I don't know what made me so special (I wasn't wearing a flowered shirt or anything). I just couldn't get away from it. I even jumped out of the cart while it was still moving at one point trying to get away, but that stupid thing just followed me. So here's a vision for you.... I'm running around in the middle of the fairway, trying to get away from this stupid bee... Rick is swatting at it with a club... and Ben is laughing his ass off in the cart. LOL!!!!!!! The adrenaline from all of it just made my knee pain disappear. LOL! It was back soon after though. :) Ben was nice enough to by a traveling pharmacy on the course and gave me something for the pain, so that helped (thanks Ben!).

I was getting kinda tired by about the 15th hole. I was having fun even though I was having to hit the ball a million times. LOL! That's what the day is all about anyway....hanging with friends and having fun. :) It started to rain a little bit on the 17th hole and a little harder on the 18th hole, but overall we had nice weather today. Not too hot and not too sunny with a nice breeze going. :) TTYL!

6 comments:

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

For all the readers of Aimee's blog, let me clarify something. She did very well w/ an untested club and knee pain from about the 11th hole on. She was in such pain at one point that I noticed her using her putter like can almost, but she fought through it and finished the whole 18. She is tough and played prety good under those two conditions that would cause a person who is not as positive and fun as Aimee to chuck it and quit. So good job Aimee. And yes, I did laugh at them chasing the bee. It was freakin funny. Kodak moment for sure. :D Ben

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Um that should read "like a cane" not a can. Proofreading is surprisingly helpful, even after the fact.

Aimee said...

LOL! Thanks Ben. I'm sure if you'd had a camera, you'd have been snapping away at me running away from the bee, swatting the air like a crazy woman. LOL! That reminds me, I said I was going to bring my camera today so I could take some shots of us golfing. Oh well, next time. That's a promise *evil grin* LOL!!!!

Askazombiehousewife said...

I hope your knee feels better soon.
My husband has been playing a new golf video game but it's not really exercise :-)

Anonymous said...

Aimee, are you sure Rick didn't hear you you about having your club in his car? Maybe he thought it was the only way he could beat you at golf???? Just wondering LOL. LouAnne

Aimee said...

LOL! No LouAnne, he heard me just fine. No chance I'd beat him at golf (yet). He's been playing much longer than me. LOL! You know, come to think of it... he taught me everything I know about the game. No wonder I don't do too well. LOL!!!! I think he told me what NOT to do so he'd be sure he always wins. LOL! Just kidding!