Thursday, May 17, 2007

Renewed Motivation


Sorry I didn't post last night. I wanted to tell you about a couple of new products that I tried (new to me anyway), but I had trouble getting my camera to cough up the pics. Finally I said to heck with it. So now I just have more to talk about tonight. I did finally get the pics off the camera tonight. Stubborn little devil! LOL!

I weighed in yesterday and I had my first gain. I won't lie about it. I had a terrible day Saturday and I just ate everything and anything I could get my chubby little fingers around. LOL! Anyway, I considered taking a pass at my Weight Watchers meeting (going to the meeting but not getting on the scale). I was planning on doing it until the night before when I really gave it some thought. Who am I really cheating when I cheat and decide not to weigh in? I'm not really cheating anyone but myself. Looking back at my long list of weekly weigh ins from 2001 to 2004, I noticed a pattern. Even though I did have a few gains along the way, I never missed a meeting (except for the 3 times that WW was closed due to a holiday). I also never took a pass. I faced the scale no matter what the damage for the week was. That's what I decided to do this week. I went to my meeting, grumbled something along the lines of knowing I was up this week to the weigher and stepped on the scale. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it wasn't good either. I was up 2.2 pounds. You know what? It's ok. I actually think some good has come from seeing this gain. It's renewed my motivation really.

I had a chat with myself Wednesday. I said "Aimee, you've got to get a grip. You still have a long way to go, and if you keep doing this, you're either not going to make it, or it's going to take you forever to get there. Get a grip on the sweets, they aren't good for you and they aren't really doing anything for you. If you're going to eat them, they you're going to have to earn them. You also need to get off of your fat butt and start moving. Doesn't matter what kind of pain you're in. It won't get better until you get some of this weight off anyway, so you're just going to have to work through it." With that being said, I put the leash on Riley (my dog), drove to the park and walked the mile around the path. My knee was killing me, but I worked through it. I came home and had a 1 point pudding with fat free whipped topping as my reward and sweet for the day. I felt really good about my day and about myself and I know Riley enjoyed the walk too. I've walked him so little since I got him a year and a half ago that he doesn't even know how to walk properly on a leash. He pulls ahead and weaves back and forth in front of me. That's my fault. If I'd taken him for more walks and taught him how to walk properly when I got him, then I wouldn't have to be training him now.

Today I went grocery shopping. I came home, unloaded the groceries, loaded Riley into the car and we hit the park again. It was a little easier today even though my knee was still killing me. He also walked a little better and he didn't try to chase everyone who walked by him. I just took him for another walk about 30 minutes ago. We didn't walk a mile this last time, but we still went for a walk. We'll both get there. I told Riley on our walk today "you're going to be walking by my side in a nice manner by the end of summer and I'm going to be walking further than a mile, so we're just going to have to work together). LOL! Yes, I know... I talk to my dog like he understands everything I say. :) By the way, I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2 pounds. Yay me! LOL!

Ok, well before this gets too long let me tell you about a couple of products I had this week....

The first two are dinners made by Hormel called "Compleats". They can be found in the grocery aisle where the unrefrigerated dinners and microwaveable stuff is. I bought them at Super Walmart and each costs around $2.

This first one is Roast Beef and Gravy. Only 4 points for the whole thing.

The second one is Beef Pot Roast w/ potatoes & carrots in gravy. Only 5 points.

They make other flavors too, but they're a little higher in points. I've had the chicken breast with mashed potatoes once before. I want to say it was 5 or 6 points. I've also had the turkey with dressing awhile ago, but I can't remember how many points it was. It might be 5 or 6 points as well. I think if you work outside the home, these would be good for work. They only take 90 seconds to heat up. I should remind everyone though to watch the sodium if that's a problem for you. Prepackaged foods like this tend to be pretty high in sodium.

The last product I'm going to share tonight is Green Giant Just for One individual frozen veggie trays. I just happened to spot these when I was picking up some chopped broccoli the other day. The two flavors I saw were corn in butter for 2 points per tray and broccoli in cheese sauce for 1 point per tray. You get 4 individual trays per package and each tray takes about 2 minutes to heat. The reason I picked up a couple is because most of you know I'm not a big veggie eater, so I thought these would be easy for me to pop into the microwave and it was already portioned out for me. I bought them at Super Walmart and each package costs a little under $3. Sure, you could buy a big bag a veggies for that, but like most things that are portioned out, you're paying for convenience. :) Here's what the broccoli and cheese package looks like...


Well that's it for tonight. If I get time tomorrow I'll tell you about the snack bars I bought today. I might just have to open each box up and cut a small piece off of each one so I can share what they all taste like (hey, I just got them today. I've only tried one so far... remember.... renewed motivation). LOL! TTYL!

4 comments:

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Well, all I can say as your weight loss buddy is how proud I am of you. I knew i couldn't lecture you about the gain and try to get you to go. You taught me, so who am I to tell you to weigh in. I'm proud to see you relied on the past successes for your renewed motivation. Some people would rather think about the now and start down a road that isn't good for them w/out considering the past the way you did. Great job!! Didn't you lose a bunch since Wednesday or did I miss that part? Maybe I'm just nuts. Anyhow, your motivation motivates me to do better as well. Thank you for you letting me be a part of your journey. And thanks for the new foods. I already added them to my grocery list for tomorrow's payday. Oh, and maybe you should slip Riley and Ibuprofen for the walks just in case his knees are sore ;). Later

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for facing the scale! I too faced the scale this week...and I had the same attitude..who am I cheating or kidding?
You did great on earning your ap's!! woo hoo girl!!

Askazombiehousewife said...

I will face the scale today :-) you inspired me.

Angie Niezgocki said...

I can't tell you how much i appreciate your honest vulnerable blogging. These are hard and painful lessons to learn. Just keep going!! We are all routing for you. You route for you too!!