Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Where Did The Week Go?


Wow, I can't believe this week is over already! Where did it go? In a way I'm glad it flew by so quickly, because that means I've stayed on track for 2 entire weeks now with no problems. :) I've made it past that point where I would usually quit, or start cheating and be in denial (and I'm not talking about the river). I've done that several times over the past couple of years. I know I'm the one who's been making it happen, but I owe my friend Ben a big time thanks. He's losing weight with Weight Watchers too (with the at home kit). We IM each other everyday to see how each other is doing, and we bounce recipes and ideas off of each other. It helps to keep a positive outlook on the whole thing, and if one of us is bugging out a little bit or talking about eating stupid stuff, the other one just says "stop it" LOL! So Ben, if you're reading this.... Thanks for the support, you rock! :)

I can't believe how much I got done this week. I had a list of things to do on the website that I thought would take me at least 3 weeks to get done. I got all but about a week of stuff done just this week. Of course my butt hurts from sitting in this chair so much, but I think in the end it's worth it. Just the feeling of accomplishment makes it all ok.

Tomorrow is my 2nd weigh in. According to my scale at home this morning, I'm down a little over 2.5 pounds. I'm a little worried though because throughout the day today I've been feeling swollen (it's hot and my central air isn't working for some reason). I can tell my feet and ankles are swollen for sure. Of course, they aren't coming to fix my air until Thursday when it's supposed to start cooling off again anyway, not to mention after my weigh in. LOL! I'm sure it will all work out though. I guess as long as I lose something tomorrow, I'll be happy. Maybe the rest will show up next week.

Oh, if anyone wants to participate (which I hope you do)... I'm collecting recipes for the next cookbook. I've shared my favorites, now I'm looking for others to share their favorites with the rest of us. It's going to be a "Community Favorites" cookbook. Sales will help pay for the website and services. If you're interested, you can get all of the info at my site (check the main page, recipe page or message board for the info).

Ok, I'm actually heading for bed before the sun comes up tonight. I have to get my "weight loss" sleep for tomorrows weigh in. LOL! I'll let you know how I did tomorrow night. Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck tomorrow on your weigh in. I LOVE your website. One thing I don't hear you mention much is exercise? Do you find time to get that in with all the other things you are doing. I know from personal experience that it helps A LOT in your weight loss. Keep up the good work!! And thanks again for all the wonderful recipes.

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Hey chickadee. I wanted to thank you for the nice compliment in your blog. I think our support system is wonderful as well, but don't forget that you have to have the want and desire to do it too. Don't sell yourself short for the accomplishments that have done in kickin butt these past 2 weeks. I'm proud of ya. Keep it up. Ben