Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm A Winner!


Don't mind the smiley with the #1 hand up there. It's for my mom. :) I went over to my parents house to cook dinner tonight (wanted to try a new recipe and get their opinion), and while I was there we played a re-match of last night's card game. Let's just say.... she didn't win. LOL!!! I just wanted her to see that first thing when she checks my blog for today (yep, I know you're checking it mom) LOL! Ok, other than that, I didn't do too much today. Ran errands most of the afternoon and then went to my parents to make dinner. Now I'm home and I'm going to sit and sign cookbooks for a couple of hours before I go to bed. I did really good today. I'm still not getting all of my water in, but I'm trying. I need to make more of an effort I guess. I'm below points for the day, so maybe I'll have a snack before I start working on the books. Well, I think that's about it for today. Here's the newest recipe, thanks to my friend Ben for the ingredients to this awesome dish!



Mexican Baked Spaghetti

1 Lb. 96% Lean Ground Beef
One Packet Taco Seasoning
1 (15 oz.) Can Tomato Sauce
1 (16 oz.) Can Fat Free Refried Beans
1 (15 oz.) Can Delmonte Zesty Chili Style Tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
1 (4 oz.) Can Diced Green Chilies, drained
2 Tablespoons Splenda Granular
1 Cup Salsa (mild, medium or hot)
1 (1 lb.) Box Barilla Plus Whole Grain Spaghetti


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pot, brown the ground beef. Once the meat is browned, add the remaining ingredients in the order listed (except the spaghetti). Stir to combine and cook until hot. Set aside. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, drain. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 cup of sauce into the pan and coat the bottom evenly. Place half of the spaghetti in the pan and distribute evenly. Place 4 cups of sauce over the spaghetti and spread evenly. Add the remaining spaghetti and top with the remaining 4 cups of sauce. Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot throughout.

Serves: 12
Per Serving: 269 Calories; 3g Fat (10.8% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 883mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, aimee tell the truth....you might have won....but by only about 30 points....have to let you win once in awhile.... LOL.
The Mexican Baked Spaghetti was very good. Going to have "left overs" tonight, anyone want to come????

Mom

Aimee said...

Hey, a win is a win! Don't be a sore loser! LOL!!!!!!!