Friday, March 23, 2007

Oh Ya!


I went to my parents house tonight for dinner and to play cards. It was guys vs. girls. I'd tell you who won, but I don't want the guys to feel bad. Lets just say, someone got a whoopin' and it wasn't the girls. LOL!!!! We all had fun though. My dad had to run a quick errand during the game, so we decided to have some fun with him and stacked the deck to make him think he had like the best hand ever (not too perfect though so it wouldn't be suspicious). It was too funny! He came back, we dealt the cards and you could tell he was rather pleased with his hand. After the hand was over, we all started laughing and told him that the hand didn't count. LOL! He acted like he knew what we were up to all along, but you know he didn't. LOL! Food wise, I did good today. Water wise, not so good. I was on the go from really early this morning until late this afternoon and then went to my parents. So I mostly only had my water at their house, other than 1 glass I had during the day. Let's see.... Oh, my mom made a good dessert for after dinner tonight (see recipe below). Tomorrow I have to work most of the day, then we have plans to go to a friends house in the evening. I made dessert to take to their house (the chocolate éclair dessert from my site, but with 1 banana pudding in place of one of the vanilla puddings). Well I'm heading for bed. It's actually after 2:30 AM (I just back dated this so it would still show up for Friday since I'm late typing this up). Have a good weekend!



Frozen Strawberry Banana Mousse

1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 Quart Very Ripe Strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 Medium Banana
4 Whole Strawberries, sliced in half
3 Egg Whites, room temperature*
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 (8oz.) Container Fat Free whipped Topping
8 Tablespoons Fat Free Whipped Topping
1/4-1/2 Cup Splenda Granular (optional)

Coat a 9 inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Press the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Puree the quart of strawberries and the banana in a food processor (if the strawberries aren't very sweet, you may want to add the optional Splenda). In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, whip the egg whites and sugar for about 5 minutes, or until glossy peaks form. In another large bowl, fold the strawberry puree into the 8 oz. container of whipped topping, then fold the strawberry mixture into the beaten egg whites. Pour into the spring form pan and freeze overnight. To unmold, dip a knife in warm water, run it around the edge of the pan, then release the ring. Garnish each piece with half a strawberry and 1 tablespoon of whipped topping. *You can use powdered egg whites if you're afraid to use raw eggs. If you do, just follow the package directions.

Serves:8
Per Serving: 175 Calories; 1g Fat (7.4% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 103mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 3

No comments: