Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My 2nd Weigh In


Well, I don't know why, but my scale said I was down 2.2 pounds this morning compared to last week, and when I went to my meeting this morning, they said I was down .8 compared to last week on their scale. It was a bummer, but I've decided this time around I'm not going to let the scale affect me like it use to. It's just a number I suppose. I know I did my best this week and that's all that matters. At least the scale went in the right direction. Maybe the rest will show up next week. I'm just going to keep doing what I have been.

I'm keeping this short tonight (though now that I'm re-reading, it looks a little longer than I thought it would be. LOL). I want to get some cleaning and laundry done before I go to bed. The place is suffering a little since I sat at the computer all week working on my site. Not to mention if I don't get some laundry done, come Friday or Saturday I'll have to go out without a shirt on and that won't be pretty. LOL! I can't wait until I lose enough weight so my clothes will fit me again (they're a bit tight right now). I mostly just have cheap t-shirts from Walmart. When I gained my weight back, I refused to spend a lot of money on clothes, and quite frankly I can't really find anything to wear in the stores because I've maxed out the size limit. I absolutely refuse to purchase from a catalog too. I'll just have to suffer a bit until I can fit back into some of my old clothes that I use to wear. I've decided this time around, I'm going to put $5 away for every pound I lose. This way if I need a shirt or something along the way, I'll have the money to get it. And if I don't need anything along the way, well then by the time I hit goal, I'll have saved up close to $750. That ought to buy a pretty nice wardrobe or pay a few bills. :)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I did really good on my points and everything today. Even got the fruits and veggies in along with all my water, milk, etc.

Also before I finish this up... if you enjoy reading weight loss blogs, check out my friend Ben's blog titled "Fat Single Dad Seeking Smaller Me". I'd love it if you'd stop by and show him some support. He's going it all alone at home, and raising two small kids while working and going to school. He's a nice guy and I know he'd appreciate it. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Aimee...You're right, at least the scale went in the right direction. I've been coming to your website for quite some time and I am so glad to see you're back in action...and I'm glad to see you've started blogging; reading of someone who daily struggles like I do and overcomes the struggles is very inspiring to me. THANK YOU! I too have let the scales dictate to me and I have to get out of that habit so I'm glad to see you've decided to do the same. Keep up the good work and I will continue to check out your blogs for inspiration and support.

Anonymous said...

.8 is AWESOME...that's almost a pound...don't be so hard on yourself. You inspire me everyday to do my best and although I only have about 10 more lbs. to go on my journey, everyday is a challenge, but when I have a good day I wake up the next morning so proud of myself. So, keep up the great work and thank you for wonderful site!!!