Friday, March 16, 2007

Made It Through Another Day


I don't have much to report tonight. I did ok today. Didn't exercise, but I counted my points and everything. I made a new recipe called Hawaiian Ham Steak for lunch and we went to my parents house for dinner. Luckily my mom is a Weight Watchers Lifetimer, so I don't have to worry too much about how many points she's going to feed me. She's like me and tries to keep the points on a dish below 6 when possible. After dinner, we played some cards (I got my butt beat this week. LOL) and we ate the chocolate cheesecake dream pie I made. Now that I'm back home I'm just trying to get some things caught up. I'll probably watch some tv and head to bed early (anything before 3 AM is usually early for me). Below are the new recipes I made...



Chocolate Cheesecake Dream Pie

1 Packet Dream Whip Whipped Topping Mix
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 Cups Skim Milk, divided
1 (1 ounce) Package Chocolate Sugar Free Instant Pudding Mix
1 (1 ounce) Package Cheesecake Sugar Free Instant Pudding Mix
1 Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Crust, ready made
1 Piece (8 grams) of Dove Promise Dark Chocolate

Beat the whipped topping with 1/2 cup milk and vanilla on high speed for 4 minutes, or until it thickens and peaks form. Remove half of the mixture, place it into a small bowl and refrigerate for later. Add 1 cup of milk and the chocolate pudding mix to the remaining dream whip. Beat on low until mixed, then on high for 2 minutes. Pour into the pie crust; spread evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove the Dream Whip that you saved from the refrigerator and place it into a mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of milk and the cheesecake pudding mix. Beat on low until mixed, and then high for 2 minutes. Pour this mixture carefully on top of the chocolate mixture in the pie crust; spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Unwrap the piece of chocolate and place it on a small plate. Use a small sharp knife and shave away pieces of chocolate (Keep your fingers out of the way). Once finished shaving the entire piece of chocolate, sprinkle it evenly over the top of the pie. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.

Serves: 8
Per Serving: 156 Calories; 4g Fat (22.7% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 276mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Non-Fat Milk.
WWP: 3 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)



Hawaiian Ham Steak

1 (1 Pound) 97% Fat Free Boneless Fully Cooked Ham Steak
1 (8 oz.) Can Dole Sliced Pineapple in juice
2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar

Open the can of pineapple and pour the juice into a skillet sized big enough to hold your ham steak with a little room around the edges. Mix the brown sugar into the juice, then place the ham on top. Use a fork and poke some holes into the ham to help keep it from raising in the middle. Place the pineapple slices on top of the ham. Cook on medium low heat, turning it twice, until the sauce becomes thick. Cut the steak into 4 equal pieces and place a pineapple slice on top of each piece. Serve warm.

Serves: 4
Per Serving: 139 Calories; 3g Fat (15.9% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 1405mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 3 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee you are right when you say, "got your butt kicked"...sure was fun doing it...see you next Friday..

Mom

Anonymous said...

I really like your blogg. Thanks Aimee.

Anonymous said...

I have not tried any of the recipes on your blog yet, but I am sure as always they are awesome. I am the Canadian chick who ordered your cook book and enjoy it!( Not sure if you remember me) You have a fab website. If you need any support in your ww battle let me know. Feel free to email me at butterfly985@yahoo.com
Take care
Tasha

Michelle said...

Aimee, I have been a fan of your recipes for some time now (even started my own site a while back with my own food ideas!) I actually just started weight watchers myself for the first time (3/7) and its great to be able to read about the feelings of someone else in the same stage as I am. Good luck!
~Michelle