Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oh No, Not Again!


Dang if Rick didn't stop off at Tim Horton's this morning on his way home from work and bought me another one of those 13 point sausage breakfast sandwiches. I can't escape that place even when I stay home. I was really mad at him for brining it home because he knows I'm serious about losing weight again (not to mention he's supposed to be losing too). But, that stupid little sandwich wore down my willpower, and like the dummy I pretend to be sometimes, I ate it. Then I told him if he brings anymore breakfast (of any kind) home again I'd kick him to the curb. LOL! I could have decided to just blow the whole day off like I would have any other day, but this time I sat down and planned out the entire days worth of food. I refuse to quit and I wasn't eating anything I didn't have written down. I went into the kitchen today and tried 2 more recipes. I'm actually starting to look forward to trying new stuff again. My grocery bill sure has gone up, but then again I'm actually saving money by not going out to eat like I was before. I think I've been to the grocery store everyday this week though. But then again, if I remember correctly, when I use to cook all the time, there probably weren't too many days that I didn't stop off at the the store for one thing or another. I'm going to my parents for dinner tomorrow night. I offered to bring pie for dessert, so I'd better go make it before I head to bed. What's that? Oh the pie? LOL! Don't worry, it's point friendly, and if it turns out, I'm sure I'll share the recipe with you. :) Here are the two new recipes I tried today...



Chicken Cacciatore

4 (5 oz.) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 (26 oz.) Can Hunt's Chunky Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce
1 Green Pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips
4 teaspoons Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Grated Topping

Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Cook the chicken, turning frequently to brown all sides (you aren't cooking all the way through, just browning the sides). Add the spaghetti sauce and green peppers. Cover the skillet and cook on low for 35 minutes or until the chicken is tender. To serve, place 1 chicken breast on each plate and top with 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce with peppers. Top each with 1 teaspoon of parmesan topping.

Serves: 4
Per Serving: 258 Calories; 6g Fat (19.3% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 932mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable. WWP: 5 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)



Onion Roasted Potatoes

2 Lbs. Potatoes
1 (1 oz.) Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash the potatoes and cut into chunks. Place the potatoes into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the olive oil on top of the potatoes and stir to coat evenly. Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top and stir to coat the potatoes. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. If they start to get too brown before they're tender, you can lay a piece of foil across the top of the dish.

Serves: 6 (each approx. 4 ounces cooked)
Per Serving: 173 Calories; 5g Fat (24.9% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 432mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 Fat.
WWP: 3 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)

2 comments:

Imlosenw8 said...

Aimee, I'm proud of you for just getting back in there and starting again. I went back to WW 2 weeks ago, for the umpteenth time, had a not too great 1st week, then a terrible 2nd week where events and stress kept me eating. But I will not give up. I must make this work this time. So let's hang in there together. (And my DH has a habit of bringing me my coveted Dr. Pepper, just when I resolve to begin again.) Misty

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back!! I need your inspiration. I rejoined ww Jan 2. I have lost my will power. Fail to plan -- plan to fail. Great to see this blogg. Can't wait to get your support.