Thursday, March 22, 2007

Just Not That Hungry


I had a good day, but didn't get enough points in. I know, most of you are saying "what? How can that be?", but I just haven't been hungry today. I'd tell you the total, but I'd rather not have people scolding me all day tomorrow, so let me just say "I know" and leave it at that. Normally I don't have this problem, but I was just so busy getting stuff done (I actually made it through all of my emails today). I just didn't think about food much. I was hungry by the time dinner rolled around (made a new recipe, see below), but once I was finished with dinner and back at my computer, I didn't think about food anymore. That's kinda funny because I've been doing nothing but looking at recipes and pictures. Normally it makes me hungry. LOL! I did manage to get all of the pictures for the new recipes done, except for the pictures for my 9 newest recipes. I couldn't get them off of my camera for some reason, so I'm going to take them over to my parents and see if I can get them off there. I just hope I don't lose them for some reason. Don't get me wrong, the dishes were good, but I don't want to have to cook them all again just to get pictures. LOL! I did get all of my water in today, so I made that small goal. :) Well I'm off to bed. I have to get up really early tomorrow to take Rick for a test, then I have to come home to get some work done. I also need my rest so I can beat somebody in cards tomorrow night. LOL!



Easy Chicken and Broccoli Dinner

1 lb. Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces
1 (1 lb.) Bag Frozen Broccoli Florets
3.5 oz. (approx. 1 Cup) Barilla Plus Multigrain Rotini Pasta, uncooked
1 Cup Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 (10.75 oz.) Can 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 (10.75 oz.) Can 98% Fat Free Broccoli Cheese Soup
1 Tablespoon Dry Minced Onions
1 1/2 Cups Fat Free Chicken Broth
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, macaroni and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the soup, broth, onions, garlic powder and pepper together; stir into the chicken mixture. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. sake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir, and then bake 25-30 minutes longer, or until the chicken juices run clear and macaroni is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Serves: 6 (1 Cup Each)
Per Serving: 267 Calories; 4g Fat (14.3% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 1099mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. WWP: 5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that Wendie's plan. She used different point values on different days, and did have great weight loss. Recipe sounds good. Might try that today.

Anonymous said...

As long as you were legitimately not hungry, there's nothing wrong with eating a low number of points for a day. I think we can all benefit by listening to what our bodies are telling us.

Anonymous said...

Aimee, I agree with Amanda, no worries . You are doing great. Cindy