Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I'm Back


I'm finally catching up with everything since getting back from Michigan. I came back to over 400 emails, so you can imagine that took some time to get through. LOL!

As you know (or don't know), Rick and I went to Michigan to golf last week. We played at The Grande Golf Club. It was REALLY hot! I didn't do too bad on the front 9 (not that I did great or anything. Actually Rick did great. Some of the best golf I've seen him play). Even though I was drinking plenty of water, I just got too overheated to continue playing. I felt really sick. So for the back 9 holes, I pretty much just watched Rick play and I took pictures. I did play a couple of par 3 holes on the back, but that was it. I wanted Rick to take my picture while I was playing, but he doesn't seem to know how to point and shoot a camera, so the few pictures he did take were either of my neck down or pictures of the ground. LOL! I put a video together of some of the pictures I took at the course (I left Rick out of these since I'm not posting any of me. This is just to show you what the course looked like). I promise this one isn't as long as the last video I posted. This one is only about 2 minutes long. :) Just click the picture to go to the video.


There really wasn't much to do or see in the town we stayed in. We pretty much just hung out the first day we were there, we went and looked at the golf course we were going to be playing the next day (they actually let us take a cart out and ride around the course. I wish I had my camera that evening because I would have had some really good pictures. We also saw a bunch of wild turkeys out on the course. Not something we see around here). We went swimming and sat in the hot tub after dinner. Then the next day we golfed and went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. We slept in the next morning and then headed home. On the way home we stopped off at a Russel Stover store (we don't have those around here, thankfully). I got my dad a 3 pound box of chocolates and my mom some hard candy. Rick and I had some fudge. I didn't do too bad while I was gone as far as points go, but I didn't do great either. We ate at a buffet the first night, then we had pizza the next day. I'm still struggling to get back on track. I did good yesterday and then I was doing good today until I ate too many of those stupid 100 calorie packs from Hershey. Boo hiss!!!!!! Weigh in will be here in just 1 more day. I have no idea what the scale will say, but I've already decided to just go face whatever the verdict is. Well I'm off to bed. Goodnight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aimee, video was fine but you need a different song than yesterday. a song to set the mood maybe. I think a better choice would have been Closer by Nine Inch Nails. Just my opinion lol.

anonymous e

Aimee said...

LOL! I needed a short song, and Yesterday was the shortest song I had. I thought the song was appropriate in some places. Like "yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away". I had that thought a few times while I was golfing. LOL!

Askazombiehousewife said...

We have no fancy candy stores here but lots of candy so I have no probs with junk food.

Anonymous said...

So... how did the post-vacation weigh in go? It'll be interesting to see...
Emily

Mindy said...

Welcome back!