Friday, June 15, 2007

New Weight Loss Drug - Alli


I've been emailed a few times today already about the new weight loss drug called Alli (not really new, but a new name in lower dose form for the drug Xenical) that anyone can get without a prescription. I did some research for it on the web and I personally think it's a bad idea and do not promote any kind of diet pills. Supplements like vitamins or calcium, stuff like that are fine, but I think everyone should stay away from the fat burners and such when it comes to weight loss. If what you're doing isn't working so well for you, then maybe you need to tweak it a bit or even try something else. Of course that's just my opinion. If you'd like to read more on Alli to see what it's all about, check out what Jimmy Moore had to say about it back in February on his blog. I think he's right on about it. The side effects alone are more than enough to make anyone run (to the bathroom... several times a day). Even if it were some kind of miracle pill (we all know those don't exist), I wouldn't rush right out and buy it. Anyone here remember Fen-Phen? Here's another story that just came out in the last hour on FOXNews.com if you need even more info about Alli. Bottom line... Alli is not your friend. Find a better way, because you can achieve weight loss without diet pills. The only way to lose weight is through diet and exercise. Don't harm yourself in the process.

4 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

I heard they don't work very well.

Anonymous said...

Awesome product!

Groovybabe said...

I use Xenical and have not experienced any of the side effects mentioned (but I am being careful to eat properly). This drug is really good for me, someone who struggles with binge eating, because the fear of the side effects alone are enough to keep me from stuffing my face.

While I appreciate your view point, I think its only fair to point out that different things work for different people.

If it's a drug that helps people to avoid serious health problems or worse such as death then I really think its worthwhile.

Interesting topic, nonetheless!

http://groovybabe.wordpress.com

Mindy said...

I agree with you Aimee. I posted a link to an article in my local paper about Alli on Friday. I have always been afraid of these pills anyway and I sure wouldn't want these yucky side effects.