Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Doing The Happy Dance


I went to my meeting this morning and was down 3.8 pounds for the week. Woohoo! I'm hoping to hit the 20 pound mark next week. Right now I'm at 18.2, so I don't see why I can't make it or at least come close to it. It's a goal anyway. :) I think what I'm doing is working for me and I don't feel deprived in any way not having all of the junk I was eating before. The payoff of passing up on certain things is watching the scale go down each week. That alone makes it all worth it to me. I'm just tired of screwing around every week and I haven't been this motivated since when I lost weight the first time around. I'm hoping now that my knee feels better, that I can start walking a little bit again. It's been so hot here during the day, but maybe after the sun goes down I can start taking Riley for walks again. I know he'd like that. :) While we're speaking of weight loss and such... for anyone who use to read Ben's blog (he's taking a break from blogging for awhile), he lost 3.5 pounds this week and is now at 27.7 pounds gone. Just thought I'd give you a little update. :)

Many of you are spending more times outdoors now that the weather is nice. I was browsing the web this afternoon and found a product that I thought was worth passing on to you. It's called Road ID and it's an ID that you can wear on your wrist in case anything happens to you while you're out exercising.

I use to ride my bike and my Trikke, and I also hiked a lot, and this would have been a good thing to have in case something would have happened to me while I was out and about. You can even wear it swimming. It comes in 5 colors and you can pick up to 6 lines of text. They also have a shoe Id and pouch too that looks interesting. If you go to the site, check that out too. I just think it's a really good idea. You never know what could happen while you're out exercising, especially if you're alone.

Ok, well I'm off to make dinner. TTYL!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Aimee, big congrats on your fabulous weigh-in today! You're rollin' now! That core stuff sure seems to be working for you. Keep up the great work!You'll be at that 29 pound mark bfore you can say " I can't believe it's not butter". And kudos to your friend Ben, too! LouAnne

Aimee said...

LOL! Thanks LouAnne! :)

Askazombiehousewife said...

Big congrats

Groovybabe said...

Thats a fantastic loss! Congrats!

Mindy said...

Congrats on your weigh-in!

I had never heard of Road ID until I did the 5k walk in April and won a gift certificate from them as a door prize. I didn't even really look at their site that much. Now, I'll have to go find my certificate and check it out again. I walk around campus quite a bit when the weather is cooler so it would be nice to have.

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Congrats on your loss Aimee, even if you dic stop eating bread to get there (it may be the top of the pyramid, but it's there), lol. Later, Ben.

Aimee said...

Thanks everyone!

Ben,
Yes, I did stop eating bread to get there, but it's better than not eating very many points during the day, then eating fast food, pizza and smart ones desserts to try and make up for my lack of points for the day (just a thought). :) I've eaten nothing but unprocessed foods and veggies for the past 11 days and I've never felt better. I appreciate your concern though, so thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! You're doing great. The Trikke looks like a lot of fun.

Keep at it!

Aimee said...

Thanks! The Trikke is A LOT of fun! It's a complete body workout (you use your arms to move it and your legs to pump it). The sad thing is, the weight limit is 250 pounds (any more than that and the frame can get bent which makes it useless). I'm not there yet, but I'm hoping in another month or two that I'll be able to ride it again. :) I really miss it! Trikking and hiking were my two favorite things to do for exercise. Well, that and DDR but I can't do any jumping up and down yet.

Anonymous said...

wow!! i'm so proud of you!!!! you BIG loser you!!!!

((((HUGS)))