Thursday, June 14, 2007

Girls Day Out


I spent the day with my mom shopping (Rick was out playing golf in the hot sun). We haven't gone shopping together in at least 2 years. We use to go once a week after we left our Weight Watcher meeting. It was fun to just hang out again. Since we live in opposite directions now, we met close to where we were going to do some of our shopping. I left my car there and let her drive. First we went and walked through a health food store that we use to like to go to (we didn't end up seeing anything we wanted to buy). From there we went to Chick-Fil-A and had a grilled chicken salad (4 points without dressing in case you want to know). We stopped into a shoe store that my mom wanted to look at, then we drove to the Fairfield Commons Mall and walked the entire thing (I'm calling that my exercise). LOL! I haven't been there in a really long time. I use to live in Xenia when I was married, so that was the closest mall to me. Now I live closer to the Dayton Mall, so I just go there when I have to (I actually don't like going to the mall very often). I do like going into Bath and Body Works and Brookstone (to play with all the fun little gadgets they have). After we left the mall, we walked through Walmart and then parted ways so we could both get home and make dinner. Like I said.... fun day. :)

I bought a huge pack of chicken a few days ago, so I've been making chicken recipes. LOL! Tonight I made a sort of chicken cordon bleu recipe, but I left the breading off of the outside (I was feeling lazy). I took a couple of chicken breasts and smashed them out so that they were thin. Then I placed a piece of light string cheese down on 2 pieces of thin ham, sprinkled a tiny bit of real bacon bits next to the cheese, and rolled the ham up. I placed the ham on the flattened chicken breast, and rolled it all up, tucking the ends in. I sprinkled the tops with Italian seasoning and baked at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes. Even though I'm not really counting points right now, I figured it up to be about 7-8 points depending on what size chicken breast you use. It was very filling though. I didn't even have anything with it other than water. That was almost 6 hours ago and I'm just now starting to get hungry (but I'm going to bed soon so I'm not going to eat anything). Rick really liked it. He kept making comments while he was eating it like "this is really good, you should put this on your site" LOL! Since it was so simple and I was just throwing it together for dinner, I never really thought to make it a recipe. Maybe I will in case others don't want to put the breading on theirs either (and they want to add some bacon bits). :) Ok, I'm heading to bed. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

I always liked the computer store, the bookstore, bath and body works and the movies. Not much into a lot of the clothes stores.

Anonymous said...

great job w/the walking Aimee!! That is definitely exercise!!

the chicken sounds good!

glad you & your mom had a good day together.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Aimee..we did have a fun day yesterday...We will have to send Rick out to the golf course very soon so we can do it again...