Wednesday, June 27, 2007

22 Pounds Down


I weighed in this morning and lost another 3.8 pounds this week. Woohoo!!!! That makes 22 pounds even which means I also got my 20 pound star. Class is canceled next week due to the holiday, but I think I may go weigh in on Tuesday morning instead. I don't want to skip a week. Me skipping a week can be very dangerous. Oh yes, dangerous indeed! LOL!

Today I went back to the gym for the first time in about a year (even when I went a year ago, I only went a couple of times and then quit going). I've decided to blow the dust off of my membership card and get back in there. The money is just going to waste if I don't use it.

I tried out a different location that they built about 10-15 minutes from where I live (they have 3-4 locations and I can choose to go to any of them). This new place was cool! It's co-ed unlike the location I normally go to, but they did have a section just for women. The coolest part about this place was that they have a room called the movie room. It's painted black, has black lights in the ceiling (anything white glows), it has black light paint splattered on the walls, and they have a screen where they show movies with surround sound. It's not a huge room, but big enough for 3 rows of bikes, treadmills and elliptical machines. I didn't count, but I'd guess there were around 25 machines in the room. It was dark in there. The only light was from the black lights, people's white clothes glowing and the movie playing. I got in there just in time to see the movie start (can't remember the name of it, but they had English accents and there was a dragon in it. LOL!). I walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill but honestly I almost walked longer just to see if the dragon in the movie came back. LOL!

After I finished my warm up on the treadmill, I went to the woman's weight room (did you really think I was going to go work out with the men?) LOL! I figured out how all of the machines worked (the trainer helped when I couldn't figure something out). Some of the machines I'd never seen before, or they looked different than what I was use to and I didn't know how to adjust some of the seats. Today was more of a "go to get things set up". The trainer weighed me, took my measurements and body fat (eeeek!). In 6 weeks I'll get weighed and measured again. It felt pretty good to get back in the gym. The good news is they're open 24 hours during the week, so if I want to go work out later in the evening I can. My other gym use to close at 9 PM. Heck, I could go right now...... but I'm not going to since I was already there today. LOL!!! I think instead I'm going to head for bed. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and I got up really early this morning. TTYL!

17 comments:

Groovybabe said...

Congrats on your loss and going back to the gym again!

I'd love to see a post about the physical changes you see now you've hit the 20lb mark.

The Edwardsesesesss said...

Wow, what a great gym.. is it a chain?.. sounds like the kind of place I would love to join

Lauren said...

Congratulations. I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow morning but I'm a little afraid after todays dinner. Pasta and Ice cream. (though in moderation :^)

Anonymous said...

Wow Aimee, you are truly an inspiration. Good luck on your journey. I'm just starting mine to lose 51 pounds and I started on Monday. I'm down 7 lbs but it is all water I'm sure! LOL. I expect obstacles but I will fit into my little black dress! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

way to go on dusting off that gym membership!! and your gyms sounds really cool! lucky you. my gym closes at 9pm and is closed on Sundays. though me & my hubby have a membership, he goes more than me. and w/having a baby, we work around each other's schedules which is good.
that movie room sounds awesome!!

great job on your losses Aimee!! so proud of ya babe!!!
CORE is really working for you :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Aimee, we had a good time at the gym today...I also loved the 'movie room'....Was good working out again and having a "girl's day out", like we use to do all the time.

Mom

- 0 0 ) ) said...

Yesssssssssssssss, so glad you went back to the gym!! Pump that iron. That gym sounds interesting, i may have to visit Dayton, go eat a doughnut and then go pump some weights.

Askazombiehousewife said...

woo hoo

deew said...

exercise does get addictive. After a pause, I crave it not knowing exactly if it is just guilt? Anyway, it's always great to be back on track.

deew said...

Exercise does get addictive. After a pause, I usually crave it not knowing exactly if is out of guilt or the little gland producing happy hormones in my brain. Anyway, it's always good to get back on track.. good luck to you all :)dietivity.com

Krissie said...

great loss!
I'm glad you enjoyed the gym too! I look forward to finding a new one after the move!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the weight loss, that's so wonderful. I guess great minds think alike. I also just joined a gym. I'm hoping that it will help give me the edge that i need to stay on track. i actually use to belong to a gym like 10 years ago, but they closed down.

Well good luck with your continued success.

Katherine

Anonymous said...

I thought I had left a comment on this post but I guess I did not. YIPPPEEEE for you!!! You're doing such a great job and you have such a good attitude. You're an inspiration. Keep up the good work.

Andrea said...

Great loss ......
OK ...you are motivated me ..
Andrea

Naturally Blessed said...

this gym sounds awesome! movies while you work out....dark room where no one is looking at or noticing your flab as you work out......man, i need a gym like this!

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is even now a without question as you did in the fall efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=metformin and fertility blend ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Veгy good ωrite-up. Ӏ definitely lоvе this webѕite.
Continue thе good ωork!

Fеel frеe tο viѕіt my homepage - Lloyd Irvin