Tuesday, July 3, 2007

24.6 Pounds Down


Sorry I've been MIA since last Wednesday. I've been working hard on getting a new message board together for my site and doing my regular daily stuff along with it. I'm hoping to finish the message board in the next day or so, and then I'll be done with it. :)

I usually go to my Weight Watchers meeting on Wednesday mornings, but since tomorrow is a holiday, I decided to go and weigh in this morning. When I decided to get more serious about this, I made myself a commitment to not missing any meetings. It's not so much about the actual meeting for me, it's about going and being accountable for what I did that week. It just keeps me on track. Skipping a week in the past would have been like a free pass to eat whatever I wanted for a week, then I'd hurry up and try to lose before I had to get back to my meeting. I'm not doing that anymore. It's not healthy and I'm only cheating myself. There wasn't an actual meeting today anyway, just open weigh in for 3 hours. I lost another 2.6 pounds this week. I've never felt more motivated. The only difference I've been able to see physically is... one of my rolls of fat in my stomach area is getting smaller. LOL! I'll probably wait a couple of weeks before I take my measurements again though. I can be patient.

Ok, I'd better get back to work. I just wanted to stop in and let you guys know I'm still around. As soon as the message board is up, I'll get back to posting more on a regular basis. I hope everyone has a great Independence Day tomorrow (for those of you celebrating). TTYL!

7 comments:

Krissie said...

Girl you ROCK!
Way to go!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME AIMEE, WTG!!! :)

Askazombiehousewife said...

congrats.

- 0 0 ) ) said...

Ain't the body an amazing thing. The things You notice when You lose. Losing a "roll" is not a bad thing at all. Glad you found the motivation and CORE seems to be the answer.

Anonymous said...

Aimee,
I am so happy for you! You are so honest about what you are doing and thinking. I heard you loud and clear about skipping a weigh in. That is excellent that you are taking charge. Next stop.... another loss!

Anonymous said...

Almost 25 pounds, thats great!!!! Keep up the good work, Im also trying to lose some weight.

Groovybabe said...

great forum, well done!