Friday, July 13, 2007

It's Friday The 13th


I just looked at my calendar and noticed today is Friday the 13th. I'm not a superstitious person, so it's not really a big deal to me, I just thought it was kinda cool. Hopefully for those of you who are superstitious, my black cat doesn't bother you too much. LOL!!!!

I'm writing my blog early today because I won't be getting home until late tonight, and I know I'll be too tired to write anything. Rick and I are going to play golf (I haven't played in awhile, so hopefully I won't suck too bad. LOL). After golf, we're going to my parents house for dinner and to play cards. I actually have to leave here in about 40 minutes and I still need to hop into the shower, so I'll leave you with a new recipe I tried this week. :) Have a great weekend!

Southwest Grilled Chicken

1.5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Pound Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast

Combine oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt in a small bowl; brush over both sides of the chicken to coat. Grill chicken over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turing once. Place chicken onto a plate, cover with foil and let sit for 5 minutes. Note: This chicken is great on salad.

Serves: 4
Per Serving: 176 Calories; 7g Fat (35.5% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 348mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat. WWP: 4 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)

3 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

I didn't know till I read your blog that it was the 13th.
I had a pretty good day so far.

PS the cat is cute.

Anonymous said...

Hey Aimee! Where have you been? I'm having a Pep Rally over at my blog to help motivate and inspire some fellow "fatbloggers". Come on over!

http://southernfriedfatty.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/bang-bang-choo-choo-train/

Flabuless said...

Yum...that southwest grilled chicken looks really good...I am definately going to try that. Congrats on your weightloss of the previous post...too. You go girl!