Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Now Down 32.4 Pounds

Woohoo! I lost another 3.8 pounds this week. Pretty exciting stuff. :) Rick is down almost 40 pounds now. We're on a roll and I'm not talking about the kind you eat either. :)

I started a challenge for myself a couple of weeks ago. This evening, I decided to invite others to join me over at my message board. It's a Christmas challenge. Anyone can join in and you can challenge yourself to anything you'd like. The challenge will end on Christmas day. My own personal challenge is to hit "One"derland. I'd have to lose 51 pounds between now and then, but if I really work at it, I can make it. Even if I don't make it exactly, I'll have at least tried. What a great gift to give myself this Christmas... the gift of good health and weight loss. Who will join me? This is the weight ticker I made to track my progress. Every time I lose weight, the ball moves closer to the hole.

weight loss weblog

By the way, if you haven't checked out ExtraPounds.com, you really should. It's free and there are all kinds of cool things to help you track and lose weight.

I went golfing with Rick and two of his friends from work yesterday (they needed a 4th person, so I went). It was pretty fun, but we got rained on half of the time. I didn't do too bad on some holes, then there were a few holes when I wished I'd just stayed in the golf cart. LOL! There was this one par 3 hole where we had to hit over water (the picture below is the hole I'm talking about). I usually choke when there's any kind of water. Doesn't matter how big or how small either. I've hit my ball into a tiny creek before. Heck, my ball has landed in puddles as a matter of fact. LOL! Anyway, this hole not only had water, but a freakin' water fountain to hit over too. The pin position was directly behind the water fountain. I could have tried to hit to the left or right, but I decided what the heck, I should go for it. LOL! I put my good pink ball away (the picture to the left are the balls I use. Aren't they pretty?) and I got what I call a "water ball" out. This would be a ball that if it lands in the water, no big deal. LOL! I don't hit my irons very far usually, so I had the bright idea to use my 3 wood (it's a bigger club that hits further for those of you who don't golf). I hit that sucker and watched my ball fly through the air. Here are the thoughts that were going through my head as soon as I hit it.... "oh I hope that makes it over the water..... cool, I think I'm going to clear the water.... crap slow down.... oh no". LOL! That ball not only got over the fountain and the rest of the water, but it also hit the green and kept going. Dang it! So I go over to see where it ended up (I could tell exactly when I was on the tee box). It was on a hill. Hills and I have a love/hate relationship. If I hit the ball well from the hill, I love it. If I don't hit the ball well, I hate it. LOL! Lucky for both me and the hill, I hit it good and put it right up near the flag. I made my putt and that was the only par 3 I actually made par on yesterday. LOL! I just had to share that story. Aren't you glad you stuck around long enough to get through it? :) Ok, I'm off to bed. TTYL!

4 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

Good :-) news on your par three and your weight loss :-)

Anonymous said...

How about sharing what you are doing (ie daily menus, exercise,metabolism ehancers, motivators) that has excelerated your weekly weight loss? You are losing really quickly, which I didn't think was possible following the Weight Watchers plan!
Great job!
Patches

Anonymous said...

I would love to see updated progress photos!

Aimee said...

Thanks for the comments. My answer to your question Patches was a little to long, so I just made it today's blog post. :) Sorry, no pictures yet. I have taken some, but I can't really see a difference in them yet, other than my hair gets a little longer in each picture. LOL! I might just wait until I hit goal and do a little "Shrinking" video of myself. :) I honestly haven't decided yet, but right now I'm too embarrassed to show what I actually look like since I gained all of my weight back.