Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hello From Dayton

I've been staying in Dayton since Sunday afternoon to house/cat sit (5 cats and a kitten) for my parents while they're in TN visiting my brother and his family. I came downstairs to let my dog Riley out this morning and the first thing I did was set the alarm off (he really had to go and I wasn't awake enough yet to remember my parents had an alarm installed since the last time I stayed here). I was awake when that alarm went off though (so was the rest of the neighborhood probably) LOL! Within a minute, Brinks was on the phone wanting the secret word (in case someone had broken in). Luckily I was smart enough to ask my parents what that word was before they left or I would have probably had police knocking on the door next. Great way to get the day started. :)

So after I cleaned all of the litter boxes, fed the one cat and guarded him so the others couldn't eat his food (he has to eat every few hours or he gets sick), filled the food and water bowls, took care of the new kitten, checked on the 3 legged cat that roams the neighborhood (my parents feed him), and watered the plants outside, my mom called. She and my dad had taken my 7 year old nephew back to their hotel for breakfast (he thinks that's fun). I talked to my nephew for awhile (he wanted to hear Riley bark and the cats meow, which Riley just licked the phone and one of the cats hissed). He said my parents were taking him to Target to get a toy and then to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch (fun).

After breakfast, I took Riley to PetSmart to walk around and get some food (he loves going there). On the way home, we stopped off at the park and took a walk. It's only 1:30 and I'm tired already. LOL! The cats and Riley seem to be napping right now, so maybe I'll go and grab my Harry Potter book and try to get some more reading done. :) Normally I'd be working on the website and answering emails, but all of that is on my desktop computer at home. I just brought my laptop with me so I could get online and check my message board and blog. TTYL!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee, Sounds like you're having a blast...except for the whole alarm thing. I live in TN, what part of TN did you parents come to visit? Keep up the great work you're doing, I check out your blog every day!

FatBlokeThin said...

Sorry to ‘spam’ you but I am holding a fun weight loss challenge over at my blog FatBlokeThin.

If you want to join in, please leave a comment or e-mail me. Thanks!

FatBlokeThin

Krissie said...

Let me know what you think of Harry Potter!

Aimee said...

Angie,
They're in Collierville (near Memphis).

- 0 0 ) ) said...

My DD loves Harry and she ordered her book online..not bad for $20
She read the whole thing the same day she got it(Saturday)........i know nothing about Harry and the rest of the gang.

The only books i have read are ones that Stuart Woods wrote.

Aimee said...

Akus,
$20 seems to be the going rate for HP. I paid exactly $20 (including tax) at Walmart for my copy. You should give HP a read. I'll bet you'd love it. :) I'd never even heard of HP until the 4th book came out. A lady I worked with at the time was reading it and got me hooked.

Sunny said...

Wow Aimee you are doing great... clicking around on the Fat Fighters blog and came across yours. I checked out your weekly stats and you are doing so awesome!! Congratulations - I look forward to watching you continue to drop those pounds...(and hopefully follow in your footsteps!)

Askazombiehousewife said...

Sorry of the alarm
I am still waiting for my harry potter book :-( there is a shipping snag.