Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Diet Fork

I came across this page last night (don't ask me how I found it, but somehow I was looking at it before I knew it). Apparently someone is trying to sell a "Diet Fork". It's supposed to slow you down when you eat, keeping you from being able to "scoop" your food. Who are they kidding? LOL!

This thing kind of looks to me like a spork, you know, like you'd get at taco bell or in a school lunch. They don't show you what the actual product looks like on the website (probably because everyone knows what a plastic spork looks like already). I don't know about you guys, but a spork has never slowed me down. LOL! If you really want to slow me down, give me some chopsticks, or better yet, a toothpick. :) Take a look at the Diet Fork website if you're looking for some entertainment. The website says "Making Dieting Fun". Ummmmm..... hold on.... I can't type when I'm laughing so hard. LOL!

You know, the sad thing is, there are probably people out there who think this will really help them to lose weight. If you're eating junk, a special fork isn't going to hold you back. You've got to not only change the way you eat, but what you eat. Oh, and lets not forget about exercise.

Here, I've got a product for you... no seriously, hear me out on this one. I just thought of it... The New Diet Spoon! You can burn more calories than what you eat when you use it because you've got to scoop really fast. Works amazing with soup and soft ice cream! Man, I've got to get a patent on this right away. (5 minutes later)... Ah darn, apparently I'm not the first to think of this crazy idea. I just found one on Ebay. Oh well, I don't think I was going to be a millionaire from this idea anyway (much like the diet fork inventor).

On a more serious note... one invention for dieters that I've seen before and think is a pretty good idea is the diet plate. There are a few different designs on the market from what I've seen, ranging from a bulky one called the EZ Weight Plate that looks like plastic measuring cups molded into a plate, to a fancier, more artistic looking one called The Diet Plate. This plate is available in portion sizes for men, women and children. I think these products would be useful especially for people who don't like to get the measuring cups out and measure their food. They're a bit costly, but if you've got the dough and you don't like to measure your food, then I say go for it. For me, I'll just continue weighing and measuring my food the old fashioned way for now. Who knows, maybe if I had been able to pull off that diet spoon idea, I could afford to buy myself a fancy diet plate. :)

6 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

This is hilarious. lol No diet fork would ever work to slow me down... not as long as I still have 10 fingers. lol

I do like the idea of the "Diet Plate" though. I hate to measure portions, and that would be cool. But I'll just continue to do it the old-fashioned way.

Askazombiehousewife said...

I would like bowls that don't look like diet bowls but just come in one cup sizes and maybe have a giant salad plate mmmm

pointing the weigh said...

Hi,
Thanks for signing my guestbook.

Had a giggle at the diet fork....teehee...what will they come up with next?

Can I link you webs on my web/blog?

Your webs are fab!! I am going to visit daily thats for sure!!

Take care
Hugs to ya

pointing the weigh said...

Thanks Aimee for allowing me to add your webs to my blog, thats great! I asked because on your other web at the bottom it states that I need permission to add your blog so I thought best I get permission.

The mattress topper, YEP! QVC is where I bought it, I got it as a TSV. I have wanted a mattress topper for ages and because we bought a new mattress in July I thought I would treat us a bit more and buy a topper also. I think we deserve it because we have been sleeping on an orthapeadic mattress for so long because OH has a bad back, the ortho mattress actually made his back worse....puzzler.

I do love your webs!!

Hugs to ya.

Anonymous said...

omg how funny is that!!!!

these inventions are too much :P

Anonymous said...

fully naked demi lovato http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude selena gomez and demi lovato nude pics