Friday, September 14, 2007

8 Random Things About Me

I'm taking a break from work and thought I'd stop in and update my blog. It's so nice to know some of you miss me when I'm too busy to post. :)

I've done so much lately. We had a yard sale last weekend (that was a lot of work, but the money was worth it). I also went on a job interview on Tuesday (keep your fingers crossed because I really want this job). It's the first interview I've been on in over 10 years and I was really nervous. I just tried to be myself, but I think I might have been too serious. LOL! I've pretty much spent the rest of my time this week working on transferring my cookbooks over to a different company. I'm making the transfer because the new company will take the orders for me and ship the books out. With getting a full time job, I just won't be able to keep up with everything, so it's the decision I've made. The books will be nicer, but they'll also cost more. I'm going to try and offer a little something for everyone though. Hopefully people will still think they're worth it. Once I'm finished with the transfer, then I'll continue working on the 3rd cookbook and the community cookbook I've been working on all year. I'm thinking about adding some cookbooklets too for those who don't want to purchase an entire cookbook (I'm still thinking that idea over).

Krissie listed "8 Random Things About Me" on her blog a few days ago, so I thought I'd play along. I'm not sure how interesting this will be to you, but here we go...

1. My middle name is Denise (if I had been a boy, my name would have been Bradly Jason)
2. I have 2 older brothers named Eric and David.
3. I use to play the piano, flute and trumpet and I majored in music education for awhile in college. (I wanted to be a band director and teach kids how to play instruments).
4. I'm going to be turning 34 years old on November 3rd. (yep, I said it. Age is just a number to me. You're only as old as you act in my opinion).
5. I hate veggies, but I disguise them in casseroles and soups to eat them (I do love corn).
6. I drive a 2005 Scion XB which I've already replaced the windshield once and now it's cracked again (thanks to the rocks that get bounced up off of the highway).
7. I enjoy playing golf (most of the time) and didn't start playing until 2 years ago.
8. I love helping others. It's always so nice to get an email from someone that visited my website who says I've made a difference in their life. There's just no greater feeling.

Ok, it's your turn. Play along and list 8 Random things about yourself.

7 comments:

marie said...

i did it the other day too :P i can't believe you don't like veggies though. that makes me so sad.

but i agree - your website does rock!

Carly said...

1. You don't know me from, well, from Eve.
2. I found my way here from your website.
3. My scale wiggles all over the place when I step on it, but seems to indicate about 280.
4. I'm a single girl, now and always.
5. Age isn't quite so funny when you hit perimenopause. Ouch.
6. I was first chair clarinet in junior high. I slipped a bit in high school.
7. About the only time I really like vegetables is when they're smothered in cheese or salad dressing.
8. What else? I have a good singing voice, and usually sing alto in the church choir.

Krissie said...

I will be 30 on November 3rd. Sigh.
And I used to play the flute!

Askazombiehousewife said...

1. I met my husband at a church singles group
2. I am a published writer
3. I enjoy being a wife and mother more than anything
4. I am addicted to amazon
5. I love playing on my wii
6. I can make a pizza that has Top Roman as a topping
7. I like hibachi style restaurants
8. I used to love going to second run movies and thrift stores

Anonymous said...

10 things you may not know about me.
1 I was born in Huddersfield England.
2 I'm the oldest of 3 kids, 2 bothers who live in England.
3 I have 2 kids Madison 10, Mackenzie 8.
4 I've been married twice, once in England and to Bill in Florida 14 years ago.
5 I'm a hairdresser.
6 I've lost 45 1bs sibce feburary.
7 I can ice skate and rollerblade.
8 I'm 43.

LouAnne said...

1) I've been married to John for 30 years. (Happily married for about 20 of those years, LOL).
2) We have two children-Carolyn-28, and Kevin -25
3) My license plate is 5FT LOU-because I am exactly 5 feet tall.
4) I have a female cat named Ernie.
5) I have four siblings-two brothers and two sisters.
6) My mother-in-law lives next door!
7) My favorite book is "The Thornbirds".
8) If and when I have grandchildren, they will call me "BabaLou"

Katherine said...

1. I have the same middle name as my mom Anne
2. I've been wearing glasses since 1979
3. Personality wise I'm just like my dad.
4. I have never been on a roller coaster in my life.
5. I have a younger brother, Eric, and a younger sister, Jennifer.
6. I don't care for veggies unless their in something like a cassarole.
7. I won 3 prize in a baby contest back in 1974
8. I was in brownies and girl scouts.