Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

Well, it's finally here... yet another birthday. LOL! My gift to myself was stepping on the scale this morning and seeing a loss. All the walking at the hospital is paying off (it's official, I walk at least 5.5 miles every night - my feet and back are proof of it). If it weren't for Advil and Tiger Balm, I wouldn't be able to walk into that place everyday, or even get out of bed for that matter.

They brought in a birthday cake last night for me and another guy I work with (his birthday is today too). I stayed at the meeting long enough for everyone to sing Happy Birthday, then I politely excused myself and got to work while the rest of them ate cake. It didn't bother me. I've never been a big fan of cake anyway. I'd rather have ice cream. LOL!

I'm not sure what the plans are for today yet. I do know that I'll be at the new hospital sometime between 5-9 tonight taking a tour with my family (it's employee family night - a once in a lifetime chance for our families to see parts of the new hospital that they'll never get to see once it opens in December). It ought to be fun. :)

12 comments:

Krissie said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

NiCocoBell said...

Happy Birthday!

Someone posted one of your recipes and I kept looking at your site! You've done an awesome job with your site!

Anyway, Happy birthday and congrats about the loss, what a great birthday gift!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aimee! Great job passing on the cake. Why consume calories on a so-so item right? Good gift to yourself!

Askazombiehousewife said...

happy birthday

Askazombiehousewife said...

PS wow you should get yourself a reward for all the walking
maybe a pedicure

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Aimee.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we did have fun at the Open House tonight...Again..Happy Birthday Aimee.

Mom

~Momma to Twin Girls~ said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I know you don't have time now but when time allows would you be willing to us what your doing at the hospital? (Or maybe I missed you telling us?)

Honi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! have a rocking good year .. that walking is great.. hope you have some really good shoes though... will help with back pain.. Keens are great.. a bit pricey but really comfy...ROCK ON FOR U for passing on the BDAY CAKE!!!

Mindy said...

Happy birthday!

Finding Myself said...

Wow I was reading the song on your blog before this one, it is GREAT, I plan to check it out but the words were wonderful...I just wanted to comment and say how nicely done your page is...I have sat here for the past hour reading... Its a Great set up and you seem to have it togather...Have a Great day

CoachJudi said...

Happy Birthday! Congrats on all the walking. You have inspired me to kick it up a notch in the exercise department.

Keep Pushing Play,
Judi