Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Past And The Future

I got to chat with my best friend Wendy tonight (we've known each other since we were 4 years old). We both live rather busy lives and don't get to talk very often, so I was really happy to get to talk to her and catch up with what's going on in her life. She's probably the only person who knows just about everything there is to know about me. It was nice to have a good laugh. :) I get to see her like once every two years or so (usually when she comes up here to from Texas to visit her family), so we act like fools and have a good old time remembering some of the stuff we did as kids. LOL! There's a chance that maybe she'll be able to come up next Spring, so I'm excited about that. I'm also hoping to be much skinnier if not at goal the next time she comes to visit. :) The last time she was up here, I had to go out of town so I missed her. :(

It's funny how when we're younger we see our adult lives being so much different than they are when it really happens (at least this is how it has been for me). Like for instance, when we were younger, Wendy and I had it all planned out that we would live next door to each other and we'd both have kids who were friends with each other. I'd be a music teacher and she'd be a chef (although I did take music in college for awhile and she has gone to culinary school). She was a much better cook than me and actually taught me how to make a cake from scratch when we were in high school. I can't really say that's what got me cooking though. LOL! Now here we are some 15-16 years later, we don't live next door to each other, don't have kids, she's a budget analyst (always working her way up the ladder... you go girl!) and well... you already know what I do. LOL! If anyone would have ever told me back then that this is how it would be now, I would have been like "shut up, nuh uh" LOL!

Anyway, that's just something that I got to thinking about tonight. And although what I had planned out in my head many years ago didn't actually happen, I can honestly say I'm happy with what I do now. I'm not teaching kids how to play instruments, but I'm motivating people to lose weight and better their lives (hopefully that's what you get from my website anyway). LOL!

I may not be able to predict the future, but I have hopes and dreams for the years to come. Even if those hopes and dreams don't turn out exactly the way I've envisioned them, I'm excited to follow the journey and see what happens.

I'm curious... what did you see yourself doing as an adult when you were younger, and how does that compare to what your life is like now? Did it turn out the way you thought it would?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dreamed of being a journalist when I was little. But then I left without any qualifications and had a baby at 20. At 25 I went back to school and am now a qualified journalist. Although Im not really working as one at the moment.

Krissie said...

don't laugh...I wanted to find Bigfoot. Seriously. That's what I told people for a long time. And then I wanted to write greeting cards for Hallmark.
And I ended up as a therapist. I don't see any logic in that.

Anne said...

I wanted to be a lawyer. Didn't know if I wanted kids...maybe one. Now I am a mother of 4 and a restaurant manager. What does that mean?

Anonymous said...

I wanted to party, play rock n roll and party some more. then I had to grow up. what a bummer.

Anonymous said...

glad you got to talk to your best friend :)

i had always wanted to be a lawyer..my parents said i had the mouth for it! but once i heard about how much schooling..i changed my mind! LOL

watch out for next Spring, here comes the NEW Aimee!

Susan Tidwell said...

Hi Aimee, just wanted to let you know that your website address was given out at our local Weight Watchers meeting - to look at your cookbooks.

Have a great day!