Ok, here's a quick update....
Rick is moving out this weekend and I got the job in the O.R.
Two things down and a few more to go. Woo hoo! LOL!
Oh, and I'm getting back on Weight Watchers on Tuesday (I won't be attending meetings).
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Ok, here's a quick update....
Monday, March 17, 2008
Hey guys (and gals)! I just thought I'd check in and let you know that I'm still around. I've been leading a very busy life these days. Here's a quick run down of what's going on in my life right now...
1) I'm still working on getting back orders caught up with my cookbooks now that the books are in. I have books everywhere right now and not enough hours in the day to get it all done quickly, but I'm doing what I can.
2) I'm still working my 2nd full time job at the hospital. In fact, I'm hoping to start training to work in the O.R. tomorrow and take over for the lady that's leaving at the end of the month. I don't know if it's going to happen yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I'd really like to work in the O.R. (I'll give you an update on that if it happens).
3) Rick is moving out during the first two weeks of April. I told him back in January that I'd like to move on. After a little over 3 years together, I made the decision that I want to make some changes in my life and he doesn't really fit into those changes. We've been more like roommates for the past 2 years anyway. For one, I want to get healthy and I can't hang with him because he's extremely unhealthy. We aren't really compatible anyway. Sure, we laugh and have a good time quite a bit, but when it comes to the big picture, we see things differently. On his days off he wants to lay around and watch tv while I want to go out and do stuff; but the biggest deal breaker is I want kids and he doesn't. I just don't see any reason in wasting anymore time. I'm not getting any younger and I certainly don't have the power to make time stand still. Also, another thing is I'd like to live on my own for awhile. I've never really lived out on my own (I was with my ex husband for 10 years and then I met Rick)... I want to see what it's like to have my own space. I figure I'll give it a year and see where things go. The way my life has been changing so rapidly, just about anything can happen in a year. LOL! I'm waiting to hear from the management here at my apartment complex to move from my 2 bedroom apartment into a 1 bedroom apartment. They aren't positive, but they said they could have one available maybe around mid May. I thought about just staying here for another year, but I can save some money by downsizing, and I'd like a fresh start in a new place.
4) I have a really good friend at work who wants to lose weight. We've already decided that we're going to get back on track April 1st (I haven't been doing so well, but luckily I haven't gained any weight back due to all of the walking I do at work each night). They're building a really nice YMCA on the hospital campus that opens in August and we've already decided to join along with a few other co-workers. I think it will be fun to meet up before work or on our days off and work out together. We aren't going to wait until the YMCA opens to start working out though. We've already made plans to start walking on our days off and our goal is to do a couple of 10k's by this summer. I can't wait. I really miss participating in 10k's like I use to before I gained my weight back.
5) I'm taking a medical terminology class at the hospital. It will take me awhile to get through it because I don't have a lot of extra time to dedicate to it (it's a self paced class on the hospital computers) but I'll get it done eventually. Once I finish it, it should open some doors for a better job at the hospital if I choose to do so.
As you can see, I'm making a lot of changes right now, but I feel like they're changes for the better. I feel like I'm finally taking control over my life and I feel really positive and excited about everything. I just hope everything works out the way I have it all played out in my head. LOL! We all know things don't always go as planned, but I have to at least give it a try. :)
Well I'm heading for bed so I can get up early to work on getting out some cookbook orders tomorrow before I head to the hospital. I'm hoping once I'm back on track come April 1st that I'll be able to dedicate a little more time to this blog. I have some products I need to review (one of them is a CD for exercising). Talk to you soon!
Posted by Aimee at 12:06 AM