Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm Still Here

Hey guys (and gals)! I just thought I'd check in and let you know that I'm still around. I've been leading a very busy life these days. Here's a quick run down of what's going on in my life right now...

1) I'm still working on getting back orders caught up with my cookbooks now that the books are in. I have books everywhere right now and not enough hours in the day to get it all done quickly, but I'm doing what I can.

2) I'm still working my 2nd full time job at the hospital. In fact, I'm hoping to start training to work in the O.R. tomorrow and take over for the lady that's leaving at the end of the month. I don't know if it's going to happen yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I'd really like to work in the O.R. (I'll give you an update on that if it happens).

3) Rick is moving out during the first two weeks of April. I told him back in January that I'd like to move on. After a little over 3 years together, I made the decision that I want to make some changes in my life and he doesn't really fit into those changes. We've been more like roommates for the past 2 years anyway. For one, I want to get healthy and I can't hang with him because he's extremely unhealthy. We aren't really compatible anyway. Sure, we laugh and have a good time quite a bit, but when it comes to the big picture, we see things differently. On his days off he wants to lay around and watch tv while I want to go out and do stuff; but the biggest deal breaker is I want kids and he doesn't. I just don't see any reason in wasting anymore time. I'm not getting any younger and I certainly don't have the power to make time stand still. Also, another thing is I'd like to live on my own for awhile. I've never really lived out on my own (I was with my ex husband for 10 years and then I met Rick)... I want to see what it's like to have my own space. I figure I'll give it a year and see where things go. The way my life has been changing so rapidly, just about anything can happen in a year. LOL! I'm waiting to hear from the management here at my apartment complex to move from my 2 bedroom apartment into a 1 bedroom apartment. They aren't positive, but they said they could have one available maybe around mid May. I thought about just staying here for another year, but I can save some money by downsizing, and I'd like a fresh start in a new place.

4) I have a really good friend at work who wants to lose weight. We've already decided that we're going to get back on track April 1st (I haven't been doing so well, but luckily I haven't gained any weight back due to all of the walking I do at work each night). They're building a really nice YMCA on the hospital campus that opens in August and we've already decided to join along with a few other co-workers. I think it will be fun to meet up before work or on our days off and work out together. We aren't going to wait until the YMCA opens to start working out though. We've already made plans to start walking on our days off and our goal is to do a couple of 10k's by this summer. I can't wait. I really miss participating in 10k's like I use to before I gained my weight back.

5) I'm taking a medical terminology class at the hospital. It will take me awhile to get through it because I don't have a lot of extra time to dedicate to it (it's a self paced class on the hospital computers) but I'll get it done eventually. Once I finish it, it should open some doors for a better job at the hospital if I choose to do so.

As you can see, I'm making a lot of changes right now, but I feel like they're changes for the better. I feel like I'm finally taking control over my life and I feel really positive and excited about everything. I just hope everything works out the way I have it all played out in my head. LOL! We all know things don't always go as planned, but I have to at least give it a try. :)

Well I'm heading for bed so I can get up early to work on getting out some cookbook orders tomorrow before I head to the hospital. I'm hoping once I'm back on track come April 1st that I'll be able to dedicate a little more time to this blog. I have some products I need to review (one of them is a CD for exercising). Talk to you soon!

10 comments:

Dev said...

Goodness, that's a lot of changes going on all at once. You sound like you have a positive attitude about it all though, and have a healthy outlook on your future.

Anonymous said...

hey Aimee,

so good to hear from you!!

and wow...to changes!! I have every bit of confidence that this is YOUR year :)

good luck!!

and let us know about the OR position!!

Mindy said...

Welcome back! And yes it sounds like you have a few things going on!

Anonymous said...

I agree with dev, your attitude is great! you can't help but be a success! You go, girl!! : )

badmonkey1 said...

Good to hear from you! And good luck on everything. April 1 will be my two year anniversary of starting WW...no foolin'!

Anonymous said...

I was just looking for a recipe and always here your name around the WW board decided to look you up and get some recipes and was happy to find a lot more! What a positive attitude you have. I love it! You sound like your head and even heart for what YOU want is in the right direction! I wish you the best.. I am here recommitting to WW this last week and hope that I see some changes too! Take Care :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Aimee, maybe we can get together and do some walking. I like to walk to Dairy Queen and back almost every day.

Rhonda said...

Aimee,
I have come to your website often, and love your recipes. I have always felt a connection to you for some reason even though I don't know you at all. And now you are taking a job that I did when I first was married. I too worked in an OR as a secretary. I loved that job, but unfortunately the job didn't pay enough to keep me there. My husband is an OR Nurse, actually he is a manager of an OR and loves his job, most days :). Sounds to me like you are making many positive changes in your life. Good luck to you on your new adventure. You should be so proud of yourself. You are one hard working lady, that never gives up.

Rhonda

Torie Chipman said...

Hi, Amiee. I have been checking for updates regularly and so glad to see that you are back. Good Luck with everything that you have going on right now!